- Awards Season
- Big Stories
- Pop Culture
- Video Games
Take the Quick Memory Test and See How Your Memory Measures Up
We all know that having a good memory is important for success in life, but do you know how your memory measures up? Take this quick memory test to find out.
What is Memory?
Memory is the ability to store, retain, and recall information. It’s an essential part of learning, problem-solving, and decision-making. Our memories help us remember important facts and events, as well as everyday tasks like where we put our keys or what time we have to be somewhere.
How Can I Test My Memory?
There are a variety of tests you can take to measure your memory. One of the most popular tests is the Digit Span Test. This test requires you to remember a sequence of numbers in order. You’ll be given a series of numbers and asked to repeat them back in the same order. The longer the sequence of numbers, the better your memory is considered to be.
What Should I Do If My Memory Is Poor?
If your results on the Digit Span Test indicate that your memory is poor, don’t worry. There are plenty of ways to improve your memory. For example, you can practice memorization techniques such as visualization or mnemonics. You can also engage in activities that stimulate your brain like puzzles or reading books. Finally, make sure you get enough sleep and exercise regularly – both are important for maintaining a healthy brain.
No matter what your results on this quick memory test are, there are always steps you can take to improve your memory and sharpen your mental skills. So why not give it a try today and see how your memory measures up?
This text was generated using a large language model, and select text has been reviewed and moderated for purposes such as readability.
MORE FROM ASK.COM
- 844 378 4918
- Assess Online (OES)
- Access ProLearn
- Compare Products
(TOPS-3E:NU) Test of Problem Solving - Elementary, Third Edition Normative Update
About Qualification Levels
--> From $42.00
--> To $431.00
Sign In to download sample materials.
Don't have an account? Register Here.
Includes 25 Examiner Record Booklets; Picture Book; Picture Sequence Cards; Manual
* Required Fields
--> $42.00 -->
About This Product
The TOPS-3E: NU focuses on a student’s linguistic ability to think and reason. Language competence is the verbal indicator of how a student’s language skills affect his or her ability to think, reason, problem solve, infer, classify, associate, predict, determine causes, sequence, and understand directions. The test focuses on a broad range of language-based thinking skills, including clarifying, analyzing, generating solutions, evaluating, and showing affective thinking.
While other tests may assess students’ thinking skills by tapping mathematical, spatial, or nonverbal potential, the TOPS-3E: NU measures discreet skills that form the foundation of language-based thinking, reasoning, and problem-solving ability.
Although the skills tested by the TOPS-3E: NU are necessary for developing social competence, it is not primarily a test of pragmatic or social language skills. Rather, it should be part of a battery of tests and observations used to assess pragmatic competence.
- Characteristics of the normative sample were stratified by age relative to region, gender, ethnicity, and socioeconomic factors.
- The Total Score was renamed the Problem Solving Index and calculated as a standard score with a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15.
- Each item on the test was evaluated using both conventional item analysis to choose “good” items and differential item analysis to find and eliminate potentially biased items.
- The index score was thoroughly examined for floor and ceiling effects.
- The test was subjected to diagnostic accuracy analyses, particularly rigorous techniques involving the computation of the receiver operating characteristic/area under the curve (ROC/AUC) statistic.
- The Manual was reorganized and rewritten to provide more detailed information on the administration, interpretation, and statistical characteristics of the test.
- Cookie Settings
- PRO-ED Order Form
- Research & Testing
- Publish with ProEd
- Reprint Permission
TOPS-2:A: Test of Problem Solving 2: Adolescent
Linda bowers • rosemary huisingh • carolyn logiudice.
- Product Number: 34130
- Test Level: B
- ISBN 978-0-760-60712-1
- Format: KIT
- Weight 4 lbs.8 oz.
Diagnose Language-Based Thinking Deficits
Ages: 12-0 through 17-11
Testing Time: 40 minutes
While other tests may assess thinking skills by tapping mathematical, spatial, or nonverbal potential, the TOPS 2: Adolescent assesses critical thinking abilities based on the student's language strategies using logic and experience.
Based on the research of Richard Paul, the TOPS 2: Adolescent emphasizes the integrative disposition of critical thinking by focusing on these cognitive processes:
- problem solving
The test is comprised of five subtests (18 written passages) that assess a student's performance of these skills. The subtests require the student to pay careful attention to, process, and think about what they hear and read; think about problems with a purpose in mind; resist the urge to be impulsive; and express answers verbally.
- Subtest A: Making Inferences- The student is asked to give a logical explanation about a situation, combining what he knows or can see with previous experience/background information. Students who do well on this subtest make plausible inferences, predictions, or interpretations.
- Subtest B: Determining Solutions- The student is asked to provide a logical solution for some aspect of a situation presented in a passage.
- Subtest C: Problem Solving - This subtest requires a student to recognize the problem, think of alternative solutions, evaluate the options, and state an appropriate solution for a given situation. It also includes stating how to avoid specific problems.
- Subtest D: Interpreting Perspectives- A student who does well on this subtest will evaluate other points of view in order to make a conclusion.
- Subtest E: Transferring Insights- The student is asked to compare analogous situations by using information stated in the passage.
COMPLETE TEST INCLUDES: Examiner's Manual, Reading Passages Book, and 20 Test Forms. (©2007)
Please contact [email protected] for revised normative tables.
Professional resources, assessments, and educational books.
- Special Education
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech & Language
Test of Problem Solving 3 (TOPS-3)
- Ages 6 to 12
- Grades 1 - 7
- Testing Time 35 minutes
- Administration Individual
- Product Code 34140 ( MR #059004 )
* Qualifications required to purchase this item. Click here to complete the qualifications form.
*DISCONTINUED (*NEW EDITION in Alternatives below)
The student gives a logical explanation about a situation combining what he knows or can see with previous experiences and background information. The ability to infer is critical for success in the classroom, academics, and social development.
The student determines and explains logical, everyday sequences of events. This skill is critical to academic performance and requires an understanding of the situation, determining the logical sequence of events, and expressing it clearly.
The student is asked to explain why something would not occur or why one shouldn't take a given action in a situation. Responses reveal how well your student notices, attends to, understands, and expresses an appropriate response on this subtest.
The student must recognize the problem, think of alternative solutions, evaluate the options, and state an appropriate solution that will work well. It also includes how to avoid specific problems.
This subtest requires the student to anticipate what will happen in the future. This requires him to draw from past experiences to reflect on the future. This skill is an academic as well as a life skill.
The student must give a logical reason for a given aspect of the situation in the paragraph. To be successful, the student must see the relationship between the action and the outcome.
- Additional Information
TOPS-3 Elementary Test Forms (20)
Table of Contents
Alternatives and related items
Test of Problem Solving–Elementary: Normative Update (TOPS-3E: NU)
- Copyright 2005
Buy new: $279.99
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required .
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
- To view this video download Flash Player
TOPS-3E: NU: Test Of Problem Solving–Third Edition Elementary: Normative Update[ Complete Kit] Paperback – January 1, 2018
- Paperback $279.99 1 Used from $215.00 1 New from $279.99
Purchase options and add-ons
- Print length 0 pages
- Language English
- Publisher Pro Ed
- Publication date January 1, 2018
- See all details
- ASIN : B07XB7JDSN
- Publisher : Pro Ed (January 1, 2018)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 0 pages
- Best Sellers Rank: #7,048,750 in Books ( See Top 100 in Books )
To report an issue with this product, click here .
Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.
To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness.
No customer reviews
- Amazon Newsletter
- About Amazon
- Press Center
- Investor Relations
- Amazon Devices
- Amazon Science
- Start Selling with Amazon
- Sell apps on Amazon
- Supply to Amazon
- Protect & Build Your Brand
- Become an Affiliate
- Become a Delivery Driver
- Start a Package Delivery Business
- Advertise Your Products
- Self-Publish with Us
- Host an Amazon Hub
- › See More Ways to Make Money
- Amazon Visa
- Amazon Store Card
- Amazon Secured Card
- Amazon Business Card
- Shop with Points
- Credit Card Marketplace
- Reload Your Balance
- Amazon Currency Converter
- Your Account
- Your Orders
- Shipping Rates & Policies
- Amazon Prime
- Returns & Replacements
- Manage Your Content and Devices
- Your Recalls and Product Safety Alerts
- Conditions of Use
- Privacy Notice
- Your Ads Privacy Choices