Homepage H1 can go here
10 Instagram Bio Ideas [FREE BIO GENERATOR + TEMPLATES]
Your Instagram bio gives you 150 characters to explain who you are, what you offer, and why people should follow you.
As far as history goes, we’re living in charmed times — but Shakespeare never had to write an Instagram bio (and let’s face it, the man wasn’t known for being concise). Typing those fateful words into your profile is stressful, and for good reason: your Instagram bio is often the first place other users will look when they’re deciding whether or not to follow you.
Here’s everything you need to know about Instagram bios, and how to write one worthy of a three-act play. Wherefore art thou bio?
Bonus: Unlock 28 inspiring social media bio templates to create your own in seconds and stand out from the crowd.
What is an Instagram bio?
A bio on Instagram is a description of your account that can be up to 150 characters long and sits at the very top of your profile page, next to your profile picture. It’s a snapshot of your Instagram account and a quick way to show users who you are and what you’re about.
Because of the limited character count, an Instagram bio needs to be concise, easy to read and informative… but don’t be afraid to have fun with it. Emojis and jokes are fair game, even for professionals using the platform. After reading your bio, people should understand what you do and why they should follow you.
The deal won’t get any sweeter. Get an annual Hootsuite plan 60% off and save up to $1,793 now.
What makes a good bio for Instagram?
A good Instagram bio is a bio that users can’t resist interacting with, whether it’s by slamming that “follow” button, scrolling through (and liking and commenting on) your content, watching your story highlights or sending your Instagram profile to friends. The best Instagram bios are short and sweet, and genuinely convey your personality as a creator or brand.
For more details, watch our video on making the PERFECT Instagram bio:
When you’re dreaming up your bio, try asking yourself these questions — especially if you’re using Instagram for business :
- What is your brand promise?
- How about your brand personality: Funny? Serious? Informative? Playful?
- What are your special skills?
- Are you a local business? National? Global?
- What makes your product or service unique?
- What is the first thing you want people to do after they visit your profile?
On that last point: All good marketing materials should include a clear and compelling call to action . Good Insta bios are no exception. Give visitors clear direction if you want them to click the link in your bio, follow your account or take a different specific action.
You might want to add a link to your bio to send people to a page where they can buy your products, or you might have a different conversion goal in mind. Maybe you want people to Like your Facebook page , follow you on TikTok or sign up for your newsletter.
If your goal is to build an Instagram following , your call to action might be simply to ask visitors to press that follow button, or to share their photos with a branded hashtag .
Instagram bio ideas generator
Please note: This tool may display inaccurate or offensive material that doesn’t represent Hootsuite’s views. You’re solely responsible for use of any content generated using this tool, including its compliance with applicable laws and third-party rights.
This Instagram bio generator is a web-based tool that takes a bit of information and transforms it into the perfect one-liner for your Instagram profile. It uses ChatGPT. But, like all good robots, it still needs a little human intervention to really knock it out of the park. So make sure to fill out all the inputs with as much detail as possible to get the best results. Like the list of ideas below, it’s a great tool to get inspiration for your final draft.
10 Instagram bio ideas
Want to write your Instagram bio from scratch but feeling a little stuck? Have no fear — there are literally 1.22 billion Instagram users you can get inspiration from. Here are a few bio ideas for Instagram to get you started.
1. Funny Instagram bios
Unfortunately, there’s nothing less funny than trying to be funny. The key to a comedic Instagram bio is keeping honest, like this one from a drink brand.
Playing to your audience — and embracing how they see your brand — is another way to get laughs.
And when all else fails, being quippy and somewhat vague is also a good source of comedy. If chaos is your brand, embrace it.
2. Instagram bio quotes
Using Instagram bio quotes can be a great way to express an idea or create a feeling of connection.
You could use a saying, a line from a poem or song, or any phrase that will mean something to potential followers. Just make sure to give credit where credit is due if you use someone else’s words.
The Quotations Page is a good place to start your search for good Instagram bio quotes.
Here are 15 quote ideas you can copy and paste directly into your Instagram bio.
- Happiness depends upon ourselves – Aristotle
- We’re all born naked and the rest is drag – RuPaul
- Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time – Barack Obama
- I’d rather regret the things I’ve done than regret the things I haven’t done – Lucille Ball
- Imagination is more important than knowledge – Albert Einstein
- You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take – Wayne Gretzky
- Cherish forever what makes you unique, cuz you’re really a yawn if it goes – Bette Midler
- If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one – Dolly Parton
- Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game – Babe Ruth
- I am a rich man – Cher
- You can be the lead in your own life – Kerry Washington
- When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful – Malala Yousafzai
3. Creative Instagram bios
A bio may only be 150 characters, but that’s more than enough to stretch that creative muscle. During the launch of Netflix’s Heartstopper , the company changed their bio to an invite for the main actors to start a band.
This bio from Crocs is so creative, it takes a second to understand — we’ll let you read it before spoiling.
Did you get it? It’s “If you ain’t Croc-ing, you ain’t rocking.”
If you can’t make up your mind, do it all. Insta-famous Italian greyhound Tika has emojis, a quote from Lizzo, “Fashion Model” and “Gay Icon” status, and a link to her book in her bio. Impressive (but not as impressive as a dog writing a book).
4. Cool Instagram bios
“All your friends are so cool, you go out every night” — Olivia Rodrigo. Who is pretty cool herself: this short, informative and rhyming bio says it all.
Another way to up the cool factor: commit an ultimate branding faux pas and don’t introduce yourself in an easily identifiable way. For example, most folks would identify Serena Williams as a tennis superstar. In her Instagram bio, she’s simply “Olympia’s mom.” It feels very true to her, and that’s cool.
There’s a pattern here — ”cool” and “short” go hand-in-hand. If you want a cool bio for Instagram, being too wordy won’t help. If that’s what you’re going for, try and be as concise as possible. Like Lizzo.
5. Short Instagram bios
Speaking of short — if you don’t need 150 characters, don’t use them. Dating app Bumble’s bio simply prompts folks to make the first move.
Fewer words makes the words you do use more powerful, and really makes a statement.
Or, you can go in a totally opposite direction and write a short bio that few, if any, will understand. You do you.
6. Clever Instagram bios
A clever Instagram bio will score a chuckle (and hopefully a follow) from users. Stay self aware and lighthearted, and the cleverness will come. Old Spice’s bio is a play on the bizarre masculinity that’s present in men’s deodorant branding.
Tiffany Haddish hypes herself, but stays humble in her Instagram bio.
And sometimes, the cleverest route is the simplest: in a world of people trying to be as cool as possible, artist Allie Brosh just tells it like it is, and really stands out.
7. Instagram bios with emojis
Emojis are like cheating (the good kind). When words fail, emojis are there. Designers Josh and Matt describe their relationship, career, home base and pets all in a single line of emojis.
You can also use emojis like bullet points for a super-aesthetic look.
Or, go with the classic (if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it) and substitute emojis for the words they represent — hearts for love, etc.
8. Instagram business bios
If you’re using Instagram for business, a bio can be a great place to introduce yourself (more and more folks are using social media to research brands ). Kraft peanut butter has a great example of a succinct bio that describes their company.
Businesses can also use their bio to describe their brand ethos, and what makes them different from others in the industry.
If you’re doing affiliate marketing or partnering with other businesses, a bio is a good place to put discount codes or promotions related to those affiliations.
9. Instagram bios with links
Your link in bio is a rich place for users to gain more resources and information about your brand. Make sure your audience sees it by pointing to it. Yeah, we mean literally. Clothing brand Free Label uses their bio to identify what the link is (in this case, a path to their latest launch).
In a similar fashion, artist Zoe Si uses her bio to point to her latest book, which is accessible through her link in bio.
10. Informative Instagram bios
Sometimes, you just want the facts. Having the answer to your most frequently asked questions — in the example below, that’s probably “When are you open?” — can pay off. It might not be fun, but it’s simple and clear.
13 Instagram bio tricks you may not know about
Hungry for more? We got you. Here are some tips to make sure you have the best bio for Instagram.
1. Use fancy Instagram bio fonts
Technically, you can only use one “font” in your Instagram bio. But there are tools out there that will help you create the look of a custom font by mapping your text to existing special characters.
Here’s an example of what Hootsuite writer Christine’s bio looks like in a few different fonts, as created using the tool Instagram Fonts .
That third one is a little bonkers, but you could pick and choose a few words to incorporate strategically for visual appeal. In general, it’s a good idea to use this trick sparingly, for emphasis, rather than dressing your entire bio up in fancy fonts.
Once you find a font style you like, just copy and paste it into your Instagram bio.
2. Use Instagram bio symbols
We’ve already talked about using emojis. But you can also go old-school and use special text symbols to break ★ up ★ your ★ bio. (Remember Wingdings and Webdings? How very 1990s.)
This trick uses the same principle as the tip above, but instead of using symbols to create the look of a custom font, you can use them as retro emojis or unique bullet points:
The easiest way to find your special character is to open a new Google Doc, then click Insert and choose Special characters.
You can scroll through the available options, search by keyword, or even draw a shape to find a similar character. Then, just copy and paste into your Instagram bio.
3. Add a location
This is particularly useful for businesses: customers will want to know who (and where) they’re buying from. Marking your location can also help your brand be more searchable.
When you add your address to your Instagram business profile, it also appears below your bio but does not use up any of your bio character count. This is another great way to free up space for more compelling bio information. Be warned, your address only shows up on mobile.
4. Add contact buttons
Business profiles can include contact information in the form of buttons that allow people to phone you, email you, or get directions to your business directly from Instagram. This is another one that only shows up on mobile.
5. Add a call to action button
Another mobile-only feature: You can encourage people to take action straight from your Instagram bio with CTA buttons. These allow your followers to take direct actions like ordering food from your restaurant, or buying tickets for your event.
You’ll find these options under Action Buttons when editing your business profile.
6. Add a link in bio
You get one clickable link in your Instagram bio. Since you can’t use clickable links in Instagram feed posts (unless you’re using Instagram ads or Instagram Shopping ), your bio link is valuable real estate.
You can change the URL as often as you like. You might want to link to your newest or most important content (like your latest blog post or video), a special campaign, or a landing page specifically for visitors coming from Instagram .
You can also use Instagram tools like Hootbio to set up a mobile landing page with multiple links. That way, you don’t have to keep updating the link in your Instagram bio, which can lead to outdated “link in bio” statements on older posts.
To get started with Hootbio, sign in to your Hootsuite account and navigate to the Create section of the dashboard. There, select Hootbio from the menu.
Note: Hootbio is available to Team, Business, and Enterprise plan Hootsuite users. If you are a Professional plan user, upgrade now to access this feature.
To build your Hootbio page, start with basic profile information:
- Profile name. This will show up as the heading at the top of your page.
- Profile description. This is the subtitle text located below your profile name.
- Profile picture. We recommend using an image aligned with the branding of your Instagram account to keep the look of your bio page familiar and on-brand.
- Your website. This is where you create a URL for your link in bio page. We will let you know if a URL has already been claimed by someone else.
Then, add your links. Every link has to include a URL and text that will be displayed on the button. You can also add images to links, but this feature is optional.
To change the order of links on your page, simply drag and drop them using the triple bar icon.
When you’re done, click Update in the top right corner of the page.
Try for free
You can also direct followers to your other social accounts — or your email inbox — using dedicated buttons.
Head to the Social section of the menu to set up links for Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Messenger, and email .
To save your changes, click Update in the top right corner of the dashboard.
In the Design section, you can customize the design of your Hootbio page. Pick one of the recommended color themes, or customize your font, button, and background colors to make the page truly yours.
When you’re done — you guessed it — click Update in the top right corner of your screen.
That’s it! Your Hootbio page is ready. To start using it, copy the link displayed in the top right corner of the dashboard, and paste it into your Instagram and TikTok bios. You can update your bio whenever you need, but note that URL edits are restricted to once every six months.
Ready to build your own custom link in bio page? Sign up for a free 30-day Team plan trial now , and start converting your Instagram followers into online customers.
Start free 30-day trial
7. Use your bio to direct traffic to another platform or website
If your primary social media is on a different platform and you consider Instagram a necessary evil, that’s okay — you can use your bio as a way to direct other users to that platform.
Comedian Ziwe Fumudoh rarely posts on Instagram, but is very active on TikTok, so she uses her bio to steer audiences towards that app.
Lush, weirdly, “departed” from social media but still has an active Instagram and uses their link in bio to explain why they’re not online.
8. Use line breaks
People don’t tend to read information online. Instead, they scan for bite-sized chunks of information.
Make that information easy to identify using line breaks.
Okoko Cosmetiques uses a combination of emojis and line breaks to create this cute Instagram bio:
It’s really easy to add line breaks using the Instagram web interface. Simply space your bio as you would like it to appear.
On mobile, your best bet is to create your bio with the spacing you want using a notes app. Then, copy and paste it into your Instagram bio field. Or, use one of the Instagram bio templates below.
9. Share your pronouns
If you want to, it’s great to share your pronouns on Instagram. Since the option was first added in May 2021 , it’s become customary on the app to add your pronouns to your bio, whether you’re cisgender, transgender or nonbinary. Displaying your pronouns means your followers will know how to properly address you, and normalizing the practice helps make everyone feels more comfortable on the platform.
10. Use Hashtags
Hashtags in your Instagram bio are clickable links. Keep in mind, though, that Instagram bios do not appear in hashtag search results. Adding Instagram hashtags to your bio won’t make it more discoverable.
That means you should not include hashtags unless they are directly related to your business, because each one represents an opportunity for potential followers to click away.
However, adding a branded hashtag to your bio is a great way to promote and collect user-generated content.
This is one of the best ways for businesses to use hashtags in their bio. When a user clicks on the hashtag, they will see all the content your fans and followers have posted, which creates excellent social proof for your business .
Branded hashtags are also a great way to get more content: you can reshare follower’s posts that use the hashtag. In fact, some users build their entire following off of user-submitted posts.
11. Use your bio to link to other accounts
If you have a personal and a business account, or you’re involved in a cool project that has its own handle, you can tag that account in your bio. This can help people identify you (Oh, THAT’S where I know Zendaya from) but be careful using them, as they may encourage audiences to navigate away from your page. (This is something Zendaya likely does not care about).
12. Add a category
If you have a business profile on Instagram , you can choose a category for your business. This appears under your name and can help people see what you do at a glance.
Elmo, for example, is a public figure.
Using a category for your business can free up space in your Instagram bio, since you don’t need to repeat this information. However, it only appears in the mobile view, so you can’t assume everyone will see it.
13. Announce news
As long as you remember to update your bio regularly, you can use it to announce news about new products and updates for your brand. If you’re going to put a date in your bio, though, mark your calendar or set a reminder to change it. If you have an old date in your bio, it makes your account look like it’s not being monitored closely.
After Mexican pizza made its triumphant return, Taco Bell updated this bio.
Instagram bio templates
Still not sure what to include in your Instagram bio? We’ve created some social media bio templates, including IG bio ideas, to get you started.
Manage your Instagram presence alongside your other social channels and save time using Hootsuite. From a single dashboard, you can schedule and publish posts, engage the audience, and measure performance. Try it free today.
Easily create, analyze, and schedule Instagram posts, Stories, and Reels with Hootsuite. Save time and get results.
How to Schedule Instagram Posts: 3 Ways for 2024
Learning how to schedule Instagram posts helps you save time so that you can focus on creating incredible content.
Instagram Hacks: 39 Tricks and Features You Need to Know
These Instagram hacks will save you tons of time and have you posting like a pro on your personal or business accounts.
35 Instagram Statistics That Matter to Marketers in 2023
Are you marketing on the world's third most-used social platform? These Instagram statistics can help you shape your strategy.
Does Saying “Link in Bio” Affect Your Instagram Post Performance? (Experiment)
Are posts that include the words “link in bio” in the caption less favored by the Instagram algorithm? We experimented to find out the truth.
Save 100s of dollars and 1000s of hours with the #1 social media management tool.
Hurry, the offer ends soon!
Free 30-Day Trial
Copied URL to clipboard!
8 Ways to Level-up Your Instagram Bio
Say hello to the new digital handshake. 🤝
Nowadays, your Instagram bio is pretty much a cover letter, portfolio, and website all wrapped up in one.
And with just seconds (and limited character space) to introduce yourself and convey your value, how do you decide which details to include?
We've got you covered. We're sharing eight tips to craft a memorable (and effective) Instagram bio — plus, our favorite link in bio tool .
Table of Contents
What is an instagram bio, instagram bio faq, what makes a good instagram bio, 5 different types of instagram bios, 8 instagram bio ideas.
Geographically, an Instagram bio sits beneath your profile picture and is used to describe the contents of your page.
This space includes:
A display name (aka the name field)
150 character description
One external link
And because your bio is often the first touch point for new visitors, it’s the perfect opportunity to communicate who you are, and what you offer, straight from the jump (more on that below!).
Pssst, level-up your Instagram bio with Linkin.bio by Later — a mini web page built into your profile that makes your content more clickable. Create a free account today :
Here are a few commonly-asked questions about Instagram bios — from how to edit them to adding your pronouns. Bookmark it for future reference!
How to Edit Your Instagram Bio:
To edit your Instagram bio, head to your profile and tap “Edit profile,” tap “Bio,” and add your description:
NOTE: Instagram bios can only be up to 150 characters long.
Tap “Done” and voila — a new bio is born!
How to Add a Link to Your Instagram Bio:
Head to your Instagram profile, tap “Edit profile” and tap “Links”:
At this stage, you can either add up to five links, or link to a custom landing page that houses multiple links to all your important content:
Using a custom link in bio landing page maximizes the given space and allows you to drive way more traffic than you could with only five links.
Plus, you save yourself the effort of changing the links in your Instagram bio each time you have a new destination or a new call to action. Win-win!
How to Add Pronouns to Your Instagram Bio:
To add pronouns to your Instagram bio, head to your profile, tap “Edit profile,” and tap “Pronouns”:
Here, you can add up to four pronouns (that you can edit or remove at any time) and choose whether or not to toggle “Show to Followers Only”:
Tap “Done” and you’ve successfully added pronouns to your bio!
A good Instagram bio can mean the difference between a visitor hitting follow, or tapping away.
And with only 150 characters to set the stage, the greats keep their bios short, sweet, and most importantly, informative.
Check out how the Black in Fashion Council account communicates what they’re all about in one concise sentence:
You can also use your bio to encourage users to take action — whether it's through a compelling CTA (call-to-action) to your website or a branded hashtag for collecting UGC ( user-generated content ).
For example, see how Book of the Month implores users to join their branded hashtag — resulting in over 500K posts:
Suffice to say, action + your brand’s story = an increase in engagement and conversions, too.
For even more insight on how to level-up your Instagram bio in 2023, check out this YouTube video .
When it comes to creating an Instagram bio, there are a few different directions you can take.
Some opt to keep it simple, while others get more creative with emojis and witty one-liners.
And while there are endless ways to craft an attention-grabbing bio, we’re breaking down our top five ways to make your bio stand out.
Check out how the following brands and creators are doing it:
#1: Funny Instagram Bio
Use your Instagram bio to crack a joke or show off your sense of humor and wit, just like Erin Foster :
#2: Short Instagram Bio
Do like The Business of Fashion and keep your Instagram bio simple by mastering the art of succinct, short and sweet copy, that gets right to the point:
#3: Descriptive Instagram Bio
Go the informative route by sharing your mission, accomplishments, and interests right off the bat:
#4: Unique Instagram Bio
A more creative approach might involve the use of emojis or adding some quirky information about yourself like astrology app, Co–Star , to make your bio stand out:
#5: Inspirational Instagram Bio
If you’re looking to make a difference, an Instagram bio filled with quotes, or motivational aspirations can really allow you to connect with your audience on a personal level, much like Jam Gamble :
Make the most of your Instagram bio and start using Linkin.bio by Later . Sign up and get started today :
Ready to learn what it takes to create a killer Instagram bio? Here are eight tactics to stand out from the crowd:
Share Your Story
Include Targeted Keywords in the Name Field
Use a Link in Bio Tool
Add a Call-To-Action and Action Buttons
Share Your Contact Information
Choose a Relevant Profile Picture
Tag Related Accounts and Add Your Branded Hashtag
Use Instagram Stories Highlights
Instagram Bio Idea #1: Share Your Story
Like Charles Wright once sang, express yourself!
Think of your Instagram bio as a 150-character sales pitch.
Whether it’s a bulleted list or a few short lines, use this space to speak directly to your target audience and detail your story.
That way, new visitors and prospective customers will understand you or your brand, immediately.
Take a look at how Sarah Chetrit introduces herself, and what her page offers in three succinct lines:
By laying down the groundwork and communicating her value, this fine-tuned bio has the power to turn visitors into followers.
P. S. Don’t be afraid to add a bit of personality to the mix. Emojis and relevant puns are highly encouraged here.
Instagram Bio Idea #2: Use Targeted Keywords in the Name Field
Did you know that the name field in your Instagram bio is completely separate from your username?
It’s a valuable (and rarely used!) SEO tactic to reach even more users as they search — improving your visibility on the app.
So, take a moment to brainstorm keywords your ideal customer might search for on Instagram. This could be your niche, the products you sell, or the city your business is located.
Once you find the right keywords, pop them in!
For example, check out how content creator Lauren Toyota uses the name field to reveal more about her page:
Rather than simply using “chef”, Lauren includes the keywords, “vegan chef” to open up a world of discovery for her account.
Now, if someone searches “vegan chef” on Instagram’s Explore Page, Lauren's account has a better chance of appearing in the list of results:
Just remember to consider what your visitors might be looking for and use your Instagram bio’s name field to your advantage!
Looking to boost your SEO ranking? We’re sharing 3 easy ways to increase your discoverability in the video below:
Instagram Bio Idea #3: Use a Link in Bio Tool
Your Instagram bio only allows one external link, so it’s important to be strategic about how you use it.
With Later's link in bio tool , you can create a landing page with unlimited button links and a clickable version of your Instagram feed:
This makes it easier to direct followers to specific web pages referenced in your posts, without having to frequently update the URL in your Instagram bio.
Instagram Bio Idea #4: Add a Call-to-action and Action Buttons
If you want to drive more engagement from your bio, all you have to do is ask!
For example, if you’re offering a new promo, a resource, or requesting a follow, make sure to let your profile visitors know.
Apostrophe invites users to partake in a CTA by tagging their account for a chance to be featured:
Whichever CTA (or CTAs) you choose, remember to be clear and specific.
The clearer you are, the better the chance of driving tons of traffic and engagement.
Another tactic to encourage more taps on your profile? Make use of those Action Buttons.
Depending on your account, you can include: Order food, Book now, Get quote, Reserve, or View shop:
This way, you create an easier access point to yourself and your services.
Instagram Bio Idea #5: Include Contact Details
If you want your profile to be a one-stop-shop for new visitors, you’ll need to make it easy for them to contact you.
One of the best ways to do that is to switch to an Instagram Business profile.
Doing so lets you include your email address, phone number, and WhatsApp without sacrificing any precious character space:
Additionally, you can include a business or brand category that will appear underneath your name field — so people can know what you do:
Once that’s all set up, a visitor can easily reach out to you directly via email, a phone call, or be given directions to your location with ease.
Instagram Bio Idea #6: Choose a Relevant Profile Picture
When it comes to social branding, your profile picture is what people recognize most.
If you’re a brand or product-based business, you’ll want to ensure that everyone who lands on your Instagram profile is quickly introduced to who you are.
Think company logo, or a clear shot of a product you’re best known for:
On the other hand, if you’re an influencer, creator, or offer a personal service — such as a photographer, or life coach — you might want to use a headshot.
Why? Because “you” are the main part of your brand, and you should introduce yourself to visitors right off the bat.
Faith Broussard Cade , Liana Satenstein , and Lauren Spencer each use an on-brand headshot to keep things clear:
Though it might sound simple, using a headshot or logo helps followers instantly recognize your brand as they scroll Instagram.
TIP: Much like a diamond, clarity is key. Be sure to choose a clear, high-resolution image.
Instagram Bio Idea #7: Tag Related Accounts and a Branded Hashtag
Major “hack” alert: profile usernames and hashtags included in your Instagram bio are clickable links.
Why does this matter?
Because it gives you the ability to promote sister brands, highlight your founder’s Instagram account, or drive traffic to a branded hashtag.
Take a look at how Wan Wan Thai Restauran t uses their Instagram bio to spotlight three sister restaurants, @wayla.nyc , @kimika.nyc , and @lotusandcleaver :
While Deepica Mutyala and Reels Tips highlight branded hashtags in their bios:
NOTE: Placing hashtags in your Instagram bio doesn’t make your profile discoverable via hashtag search, but a branded hashtag can help you spotlight and collect user-generated content (UGC) .
Instagram Bio Idea #8: Use Instagram Stories Highlights
Instagram Stories Highlights appear directly under your Instagram bio and play as a stand-alone story when someone taps on them.
They’re perfect for sharing valuable information about your brand, spotlighting your community, and showing your personality.
Skincare brand Glow Recipe uses highlights to showcase how its recycling program works, announce new products, and share blog content like their “Boss Babes” series:
This provides additional information and value to profile visitors, so it’s a good idea to be strategic in how you set them up.
PRO TIP: To elevate your Instagram Stories Highlights even further, create a set of covers to ensure a consistent look and feel.
Suzanne Spiegoski and Herbivore Botanicals have created cover images and icons that reflect their overall vibe:
However you decide to style your Instagram Stories Highlights, a consistent collection can make your bio more appealing and click-worthy.
And that’s it, eight tactics to level-up your Instagram bio to attract your ideal audience, drive traffic, and convert sales.
If you haven't updated your Instagram bio in a while, now’s the perfect time to give it a refresh and turn visitors into followers!
FYI: Later's Instagram Scheduler is trusted by 7M+ marketers, creators, and small businesses. Sign up today and start planning your Instagram posts in advance — for free:
Amanda is a Content Marketing Specialist based in Toronto. When she’s not busy writing you can catch her playing tennis or sipping all the pop-culture tea. Say hi on Instagram — @amandademeku
Plan, schedule, and automatically publish your social media posts with Later.
Category Later's Social Media Tools & Features
How to Add a Link to Your Instagram Bio
By Jessica Worb
Category Instagram Tips & Resources
10 min read
Instagram Bio Ideas: 25 Examples You’ll Definitely Want to Copy!
By Benjamin Chacon
10 Tips for Making a Lasting Impression With Your Instagram Bio
By Alyssa Gagliardi
Send us an email
How to craft an impactful Instagram bio for business (+ examples)
Written by by Chloe West
Published on January 4, 2023
Reading time 8 minutes
While your Instagram content might be what draws someone over to your profile initially, your Instagram bio is one of the major components that will keep them there—and maybe even earn your brand a follow.
Think about this: if you like a photo or video on Instagram and then go to the profile and their bio is completely blank (or lacks vital information) you’re going to immediately lose interest or think the account is a fake and leave. No follow and no looking back.
Others do the same, so it’s important to fully optimize your Instagram strategy —bio and all.
Table of Contents
What is an Instagram bio?
Why an instagram business bio matters, what to put in an instagram bio, tips for writing the best instagram bios for business (+ examples), create a compelling instagram bio for your business.
An Instagram bio is a description of your business that sits at the top of your Instagram profile. It can only be up to 150 characters, so you want to be concise, sharing what your business does and who it serves in as few words as possible.
Take a look at our own Instagram bio to get an idea of what this might look like:
We’ll get into each of these more thoroughly later, but our full bio includes:
- Our Instagram handle
- Our brand name
- Bio description
There are a few more things you can consider including within your own bio to further share what your business does.
First of all, why does your Instagram business profile bio matter so much? As simple as it may seem, an Instagram bio plays a critical role in establishing your brand presence. It shows people who you are and what you sell. You can also use the same space to tell them why they should care about your business and its offering.
In many cases, your Instagram profile may be the first point of contact whether someone finds you through an Instagram hashtag or by clicking through from a paid post or sharing on Stories. Your bio is an important first impression while clarifying why they should follow you.
That’s why you should focus on creating an Instagram business bio that effectively portrays your brand personality and establishes your unique value proposition. In other words, it should factor into your overall Instagram business strategy .
Writing your Instagram bio for business is one key part of creating the perfect Instagram business profile . Here are the essential elements that go into your Instagram bio:
1. Name and username
Your Instagram username is your @handle and your Instagram identity. It’s a part of your Instagram profile URL (instagram.com/myusername) and holds a prominent location at the top of your profile page.
On the other hand, your name is your real or full brand name. Depending on data sources like audience and keyword research , you may know of abbreviations or name variations commonly used for your brand name. You might consider using those in one spot in your Instagram bio, such as in your username.
For instance, in the following Instagram business profile example, the username for Sprouts Farmers Market is just @sprouts but the name section has the full name of the business.
2. Profile photo and branding
This should be relevant to your brand’s visual identity . Best practices dictate that you should use a high-res image of your logo in order to improve brand recognition and keep all of your social media profiles on brand. However, solopreneurs and public figures often use headshots, and that’s a perfectly acceptable alternative.
For brands with a widely-recognized visual identity like National Geographic TV, the iconic yellow rectangle logo makes for a great profile photo.
Another way to brand your Instagram profile is through your Instagram highlight covers . While not necessarily a part of your bio, these still show up at the top of your profile and give you an opportunity to inject even more color into your Instagram.
3. Instagram bio copy
This is the section under your name, where you get to express yourself (or in this case, your brand personality). You have 150 characters to tell people what your Instagram profile is about, what your brand offers and why they should follow you. So you don’t have much to work with, which makes it even more crucial to plan ahead and perfect your Instagram business bio.
Here’s an example of great bio copy from BarkBox. They start with a simple sentence that explains exactly what their business does. They tag their parent company. Then they even include a couple of hashtags that BarkBox customers can use when showing off their boxes.
4. Bio links
This is the only section that allows you to add clickable links on Instagram to your website, so make sure you use this space wisely. While you can always add a URL to your homepage, you can also add up to five links more frequently by posting new products, new content, new projects and more.
Many brands use a link-in-bio tool to maximize the five link limit by taking the user to a landing page with shortcuts to featured content and product pages.
Instagram also allows you to specify which category your brand falls under—whether you run a restaurant or a media and entertainment company. This shows up right under your business name if you choose to enable it, so it helps free up space in your Instagram bio for other important details.
As we can see below, Bloomscape has selected “Patio/Garden” as their brand category.
6. Call-to-action and contact buttons
You could further free up space in your Instagram bio if you make the most of the call-to-action buttons available for Instagram Business accounts. This allows people to take action straight from your Instagram profile when on the mobile app, making it easier for customers to convert on actions—from buying tickets to booking tables.
Keep in mind that these are only accessible on the mobile app, and they’ll look something like the “View Shop,” “Message,” and “Call” buttons below:
Now that you know what goes into an Instagram bio, let’s take a look at tips on how to write the best Instagram bios for business.
1. Know what your goal is
Since you have to stay within the 150-character limit, it’s crucial that you have a clear sense of direction when writing your Instagram bio. Knowing exactly what you want out of your bio will help you narrow down what to say.
For instance, you could simply use it to convey your brand’s personality and announce your Instagram presence. You could also use it to promote your latest products and offers or inform people about what your business does. If you do promote sales and recent products, be sure your team is ready to regularly refresh your Instagram bio and ensure this info is up to date.
Some businesses also use this section to express their brand mission and what they stand for. Check out the following Instagram business profile example from Grove Collaborative. The company’s bio tells us a little bit about what the business sells and what its overall mission is.
Here’s another great example of a basic bio that’s straightforward and explains exactly what the company (Slack in this instance) does:
2. Let your brand personality shine through
Make the most of your Instagram business bio to express your brand personality. This includes the language and tone you use or what you say, in general. For instance, Reese’s uses a fun and friendly tone in its bio while using the opportunity to establish its brand authority.
Some businesses may also add relevant emojis if that kind of approach fits the brand personality. But note that special characters and emojis may not translate well on a screen reader. Be sure to keep accessibility best practices in mind for all your followers and avoid filling your entire bio with characters that are hard to read or understand for customers using screen readers.
3. Include relevant hashtags and profile links
Instagram lets you add clickable hashtags and profile links in your bio. So make the most of this to direct customers to your other Instagram handles or to relevant, tagged content.
The option to add profile links is great for businesses that manage multiple accounts . See how Madewell added a link to their Instagram account for menswear.
Brands can also take a page out of Weezie’s book, tagging the accounts of their founders as well as their brick-and-mortar store (ideal when you have two different social media strategies for your retail versus ecommerce avenues).
As for hashtags, adding them to your bio will let you direct your audience to stunning tagged user-generated content. You could use a branded hashtag to collect user-generated content like Cupshe. The swimsuit brand included several hashtags they track for content to feature on their own account.
4. Make sure it’s easy to read
As mentioned earlier, your Instagram bio should be able to convey what your business does or what it offers. So it’s crucial that people can easily read and process the information without too much trouble. Formatting such as line breaks and spacing makes it easier to read and emphasize important information at a glance.
You could use a pipe or vertical bar character to space out your info like in the following Instagram business profile example from Leder Games. They used the symbol to separate their most popular game offerings.
You could also use line breaks to style your info in a list format. See how this bio skillfully uses lists, incorporating emojis as a kind of bullet point.
Keep in mind that these characters and line breaks will factor into your total character count. So make sure you use them sparingly and strategically to avoid going over the character limit. You could also test different formatting to see how they impact your overall profile engagement. Use a tool like Sprout Social’s Instagram analytics suite to measure how your profile engagement changes as you update.
5. Include a compelling call to action
While the call-to-action buttons frees up a lot of space in your bio, it doesn’t hurt to get more direct with your CTA. Make sure people know exactly what they need to do when they visit your profile by including a CTA in your bio.
Get very specific with this depending on the goal of your Instagram business account. You could invite them to visit your website, shop your feed, check out your latest blog post, download your new guide or even share their own photos using your branded hashtag. If you want to grow your Instagram following , you could even add a CTA to “follow us” for your regular content such as daily recipes, fashion updates and so on.
For example, Ahrefs uses their bio text to create a CTA that points (literally, thanks to their use of emoji) to their latest feature release.
Dress Up uses its bio to direct people to sign up for SMS marketing messages by offering a discount right inside the bio. This is a great way to get people to take immediate action and increase your text marketing list.
Your Instagram bio could make all the difference in boosting your social presence. It’s the perfect place to exhibit your brand identity and show off your creative side. It could also help you showcase your uniqueness and entertain your audience.
Plus, by strategically using a link in bio tool, your bio can help increase clicks and conversions and improve your Instagram analytics by helping you reach your goals.
Instagram bio FAQs
When you edit your profile, you’ll add your bio link into the field next to “Website.” You only get one link here, which is why many brands prefer to use a link-in-bio tool that helps them create an Instagram-specific landing page.
Edit your profile and paste your preferred link into the “Website” field. Simple as that!
The Instagram bio character limit is just 150 characters, so use them wisely.
[Toolkit] Communications Toolkit to Safeguard Your Brand
Find Your Next Social Media Management Tool With This Scorecard
How to ladder up your brand’s social media maturity
3 Social media executives share what it takes to build a long-term career in social
- Competitive Strategies
Making Dollars and Sense out of the Creator Economy with Lia Haberman
- Social Media Content
Mastering Instagram influencer marketing: strategies for success
- Branding & Creative
How to use Instagram for business: a complete guide
9 Instagram growth tools to grow your presence in 2023
- Now on slide
Build and grow stronger relationships on social
Sprout Social helps you understand and reach your audience, engage your community and measure performance with the only all-in-one social media management platform built for connection.
11 Tips On How to Make a Good Instagram Bio
Your Instagram bio is what your fans and followers first see when visiting your page. While your content is going to be the main focus, knowing how to make a good Instagram bio is also important for attracting followers and engaging your fans .
What Is an Instagram Bio?
Your Instagram bio is the short block at the top of your page that includes a brief text description of your account . Instagram bios are limited to 150 characters and appear next to your profile picture on computers or beneath your profile picture on mobile devices.
The original intent was obviously for this to be a short biography of you, your page, or your business , though creative use of this limited space can have many benefits. This mini-billboard is especially important for businesses and influencers.
For example, many big influencers use this space to link to their website or sister brands . You can also link to other social media platforms to expand your network. Of course, you should also use this space to briefly represent yourself or your business to new visitors.
What Makes a Good Instagram Bio?
A good Instagram bio needs to be short, sweet, and effective . Since you only have 150 characters to work with, being concise is crucial.
That doesn’t mean you should just have a plain wall of text, either. Your bio should be easy to read since many page visitors will only skim it before scrolling down to your content. Many popular Instagram pages use much less than the 150-character limit, so all of the important information is impossible to miss.
It is a good idea to include a sentence or two about yourself or your business mission statement, some external links to your website or other socials, and possibly a call to action . This will help you turn visitors into followers and followers into customers.
How to Make Your Instagram Bio Give a Good First Impression
To ensure your profile visitors don’t just scroll past the bio , you want it to be helpful but also a quick read. Here are some tips to consider when writing your Instagram bio.
Name and username
If possible, carefully consider your username. This will be a major identifier for your profile and could have strategic value .
There are billions of other Instagram accounts, meaning many usernames are already taken. It is best practice to go with something that both represents you and is easy to remember.
Keeping it short can others memorize it, as can avoiding strings of random numbers of characters. For influencers, consider including relevant keywords to your niche to help with searchability and authority in your field.
A clear and easy-to-recognize profile photo is advisable. For business accounts (including influencers), it is usually best practice to carefully select your profile photo and keep it for an extended period .
Your profile picture and thumbnail will quickly become a recognizable part of your brand , so changing them can confuse your followers. When selecting your profile picture, choose something that your fans will be able to recognize , even in a small thumbnail.
In a bio for business, including contact information is important for potential sponsors who want to get in touch with you . While they can always attempt to reach you through your page or private messages, you don’t want to risk those notifications getting lost in the shuffle.
You can add a contact button to an Instagram business account if you tap Edit Profile and then Contact Options . Here you can add a business email address and phone number. Just be aware that anyone on your page can see this information, including fans.
How do You Add a Location to Your Instagram Bio?
Under Contact Options, you can also add a business address button. This can be helpful if you have a physical location , such as a storefront, that potential customers might need help finding.
Even if you don’t have a brick-and-mortar shop or office building, you can use the business address feature to show where you are located. This can be helpful for connecting with your target market if you focus on a particular area or region.
To set a category for your Instagram business bio, tap Edit Profile and look for the Category tab. Click through to see a list of suggested categories to choose from based on your content.
If you don’t see your preferred category, you can type keywords into the search bar for more options. The category you set will show up right below your username at the top of your page so visitors can immediately know what your business is about. Categories can be as specific as “Ice cream shop” or as broad as “Product/Service.”
Call-to-action (CTA) buttons
If you tap Edit Profile on a business account and go to Contact Options, you will see Add an action button at the bottom of the list. These buttons integrate with third-party services to do the following:
- Make reservations
- Buy tickets
Essentially, an action button will allow you to direct visitors to services like GrubHub, OpenTable, or Fandango to perform one of the above actions conveniently. New integrations are being added, so try it out for yourself and see if there are any useful actions you want to add to your business profile .
Instagram Bio Section
For the actual text portion of the bio section, you have 150 characters to talk about yourself, your business, or whatever else you want . If you’re taking advantage of the above elements on your business account, that will free up some characters since you don’t have to repeat your location, contact info, or what type of business you operate (probably).
If you want to talk more about your business (or there isn’t a good Category option), you can do that here. You can also link to other socials or your website , which we will cover below.
You can fill any remaining space however you’d like: company slogan, quotes, sales announcements, mission statement, news, brand updates, etc. Don’t feel like you need to use every last character, but consider how your bio can help you connect with your audience.
Pairing a website with your Instagram account is a great way to gain social media followers and direct them to your other endeavors . Since there is a lot more freedom in what you can do with a website, it is often a smart move for businesses and even influencers to have one.
Many Instagram business profiles aim to gain followers who are also prospective customers.
How do You Put a Link in Your Instagram Bio?
You can simply type your website URL into your Instagram bio, where it will be displayed. This is a great way to drive traffic to your website and can also help add a little color.
How to Write a Captivating Instagram Bio (11 Ideas)
Instagram bios come in all shapes and sizes, depending on the account type and objective. You’ll find that many of the most successful pages keep their bio very simple , though that isn’t necessarily the best strategy for every bio at every stage.
Below are some tips you can use to increase the effectiveness of your bio.
1. Add keywords and descriptive words to your profile name
If you don’t already have an established Instagram profile, choosing the right name might be more important than you think.
Including keywords in your profile name can help you appear in search results (for both search engines and within Instagram). They can also make you more memorable to your target audience.
Lastly, relevant terms in your profile name can give random viewers an instant idea of the focus of your page . For example, if you have the word “gaming” or “fashion” in your username, that’s a pretty big hint about the type of content you cover.
2. Use line breaks and emojis to make your bio neat and easy to read
Most people who end up on your page are more interested in your posts than in your bio. If your bio is a dense wall of text, there is a good chance many visitors will simply skim past it and scroll down to your content.
If you want to share important information or clickable links in your bio, it is important to make it easy to read. You want it to be skimmable while immediately getting across your message .
To do this, include lots of whitespaces and be as succinct as possible. This way, it will only take a few seconds for visitors to absorb your bio when your page first loads and they scroll on.
3. Include strong CTA buttons
If you have a website, social account, or third-party integration you want to direct your followers to, include it in your bio. Using the action buttons, as mentioned above, can be an effective call to action .
Hyperlink text will also stand out, adding some eye-catching color to the block. You can also use a link shortener if you want to take up less space, though you may want to keep a branded URL for your own website.
In any case, a short CTA will encourage visitors to click a hyperlink or action , but try to keep it short and engaging.
4. Use a link in the bio tool for ultimate traffic conversion
Your Instagram bio can be an effective first piece of your conversion funnel . Linking to a website allows your fans to conveniently progress to the next stage of your sales funnel.
5. Customize your link to reflect your branding
Customizing links can make them more targeted and easier to read than a long URL (especially one with subdomains or folders). It will also take up less space in your bio.
6. Enable Shopping on Instagram to showcase your products
If you have your own website where you sell products, directing your Instagram followers there is a great way to boost traffic and sales. You can also set up Instagram Shopping so your fans can make purchases without leaving the app!
You can even use Instagram Shopping as a direct selling platform . It is usually best practice to have your own website for this type of business model, though Instagram Shopping is a good alternative if you don’t have the resources to set up a standalone website.
7. Leverage IGTV
Instagram TV is a great way to diversify your content and reach new viewers . By utilizing different avenues like IGTV, Reels, and Instagram Stories, you can cast a larger net that will drive new traffic to your page and give your current followers more ways to engage with you.
8. Share a social media-only promo code
If you have an affiliate partner or other sponsorship who provides you with custom coupon codes , sharing them on your bio is an excellent tactic.
Promo codes not only provide value to your fans but can help you earn an affiliate commission. If you make this a common occurrence, you are more likely to attract potential followers and keep your current ones checking back regularly for unique discounts.
9. Curate Highlights for your profile
If you post a lot of quality Story content, collecting them into Highlights is a worthwhile endeavor. This not only extends the life of this content beyond the normal 24-hour limit but allows you to organize different categories that showcase your interests.
10. Utilize clickable tags to promote branded hashtags and sister accounts
Clickable tags, like website links, will help break up your bio and direct your profile visitors to other areas of Instagram. This is a great way to build a network among sister accounts and broadcast your niche .
11. Get Creative With Your Bio to Make it Unique
There are billions of other Instagram bios, making it hard to be unique. Try to leverage your brand to make your bio stand out from the crowd however you can .
You want to keep it short and easy to read, though making it eye-catching can also help. Play with line spacing, special characters, and relevant emojis to help break up your bio and add some color.
You can get creative by changing up your bio often. This could be a daily or weekly quote or question, new links, or even simple text art. It’s hard to be unique among billions of other profiles, so you have to get creative!
Instagram Bio Examples
If you want to learn how to make a good bio for Instagram, just look at the pros . Here are a few examples of bios from successful Instagram accounts. See if you can spot any patterns or tips we covered in this article.
The first thing you probably notice about all of these bios is how short they are. Few of them are even nearing the 100-character mark, let alone 150. But as you can see, it only takes a few seconds to read each one. Even the IBM bio, which still isn’t close to 150 characters, seems long compared to the others because it has one long sentence. This is a great example of why brevity is key .
While we see some use of emojis, hashtags, and Instagram links, every example links out to an external website. Don’t be shy to direct your visitors to other facets of your business .
As you can see, there are a lot of similarities among these popular Instagram bios. If you want to learn how to create an effective Instagram bio for your personal page or business, just look at what the most successful accounts are doing. It’s no coincidence that they look similar!
Below are some answers to common questions about crafting an attractive Instagram bio.
With the limited real estate of an Instagram bio and focus on text, you need to have a strategy. A text block is unlikely to catch the eye or even be read by Instagram users.
Instead, make generous use of whitespace through line breaks and add some color with hyperlinks and emojis. Don’t feel obligated to use your entire 150-character count , either. It is better to have a shorter bio that gets read than a long bio that doesn’t.
The most popular Instagram pages tend only to use a fraction of the 150 characters allowed. The focus is on quality over quantity .
Generous use of whitespace, with only a few sentences of text or less, allows visitors to digest your bio almost immediately, so they can move on to the critical content. It is common for there to be one or a few links directing visitors to other pages or websites.
Get More Action with a Stunning Instagram Bio
Compared to your posts, Reels, and Instagram Stories, your bio isn’t the most exciting part of your page. But since most of your followers will see your bio, it’s worth putting a little time into optimizing yours.
Hyperlinks will add some functionality to your bio and a bit of color. Simple emojis can help too. Perhaps the most important thing is to keep your bio concise because that will increase the likelihood of it actually getting read.
Whatever your goal is for your Instagram page, your bio is another tool you can use to help achieve it. If you want help learning how to make a good Instagram bio, check out what the pros are doing. For aspiring influencers who want to learn even more, partner with Scalefluence for expert tips and guidance about optimizing every corner of your Instagram page .
How to find instagram influencers.
2023 is a big year for influencer marketing. Instagram is cracking down on fake followers and illegitimate metrics, while authentic micro-influencers are getting more support. If your business struggles with its social media influence, you’re missing out on a valuable opportunity. We don’t want you to fall behind! Instagram is booming! There are over 2…
How to Brand Yourself on Instagram and Increase Followers
Becoming an influencer means running an actual business on Instagram. As with any business, branding is vital for effective marketing. This article will discuss how to brand yourself on Instagram and why you should. Why It’s Important to Brand Yourself on Instagram Think of just about any major company and a branding image probably comes…
Micro vs Macro Influencers
Choosing the right social influencer is no easy task. A simple Google search on how to choose the best social media influencer yields hundreds of results. The end-to-end campaign process can feel overwhelming when you’re building your campaign goals from scratch. But one thing is clear: influencer marketing is undoubtedly the way to go. Statistics…
How to Choose The Right Influencer for Your Brand
So you’ve got your product or service and want to make it viral. You need an influencer! But do you know how to choose the right influencer for your brand? There are plenty of options out there, but that doesn’t mean they’re all good options. Influencer marketing has become a staple for agencies and marketers….
How Micro Influencers Can Help Your Social Marketing Strategy
Influencers have become an essential part of brand influencer marketing. Entire marketing campaigns are created with influencers in mind, and those campaigns can be pretty spendy. This leaves brands want to know what is best, influencer vs. micro-influencer? Celebrity and well-known influencers can charge up to $200,000 per social media post. In fact, it’s…
25 Instagram Post Ideas For Influencers To Boost Engagement
Growing your Instagram audience and building your personal brand are vital to succeeding as an influencer. The more followers and engagement you have, the more money you can earn by promoting products and services on your page. Affiliate marketing strategies and sponsored posts can be very lucrative. If you grow your audience to 50,000 followers,…
200+ Instagram Bio Ideas You Can Copy and Paste (2024)
An Instagram bio is all about making a strong first impression.
Most people decide whether to follow (or ignore) an account based on its bio.
If your Instagram bio is enticing, they might decide to engage with your content or follow your account. If it isn’t, you might lose their interest.
In this article, we’ll look at some Instagram bio ideas that you can literally copy and paste into your profile. You’ll also learn how an Instagram bio works, how to write one, and some cool Instagram bio tricks.
Start selling online now with Shopify
200+ best Instagram bio ideas for standing out
Cool instagram bio ideas.
- The best things come from living outside of your comfort zone
- Here’s my story for the history books
- I’m a cupcake in search of her stud muffin
- In a world where you can be anyone, be yourself
- Success is in my veins
- Yup, I’m just another Instagram influencer
- Scratch here ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ to unveil my secret bio.
- No, this isn’t a dream. This is my reality.
- What should I put here?
- Welcome to my world
Good Instagram bio
- Simplicity is the key to happiness
- If I was a writer, I’d have a better Instagram bio quote
- You can’t become the best without first being the worst
- In a world of worriers, be the warrior
- It won’t be easy, but always try to do what’s right
- She turned her can’ts into cans and her dreams into plans
- Life is what happens to you while you scroll through Instagram
- A day in the life of me: Eat avocado toast, post Instagram videos , read Instagram comments
- It’s my time to step into the spotlight. I’ve earned it.
- I practise what I post
Creative Instagram bio ideas
- Dreams 👉 Goals
- If “love is in the air,” why is the air so polluted?
- It took me __ years to look like this
- Currently saying yes to new adventures
- I’m hurt, but I still smile. That’s my life.
- Midnight snacker 🌝
- Everyone else was taken, so this is me
- Recovering cake addict 🎂
- I make money in my sleep 🛌
- People call me Sara, but you can call me tonight 😉
Instagram bios emoji
- Welcome to my 👑dom
- 👇 Check out my latest blog post 👇
- 🐦: (twitter handle) 👻: (snapchat handle) 🎥: (youtube handle)
- Traveller ✈️ Book Lover 📖 Obsessed with tacos 🌮
- We love all animals 🐶 and donate a percentage of sales to marine life 🐠
- Cancer survivor 🎗️
- Personal Trainer 💪 Dancer 💃 Meditator 🧘
- Currently hanging out in 🇵🇹
- ❤️ Lover, not a fighter, spreading ✌️all over the 🌎
- Entrepreneur ➕ Globetrotter ➕ Motivational Speaker
Best Instagram bio to get followers
- Follow Me To Greatness
- Follow me and I’ll follow back
- Thank you, come again.
- Don’t know what to do? You can start by hitting that follow button.
- Follow my [adjective] story
- Click the follow button to be part of my [adjective] journey
- Wanna know my story? Press that follow button.
- I’m on my journey. Join me by following along.
- Follow me then follow the link below!
- Pls follow us on Instagram
- My story will inspire you, so be sure to hit that follow button
- Follow me to get a behind the scenes look at my life
- Follow along to witness history in the making
Great Instagram bios
- 🍂🍃Falling for you 🍂🍃
- ☕Stressed, blessed, and coffee obsessed ☕
- Having the time of my life ⏰🎉
- Looking at the world through 🌹colored glasses
- I’m sweet like honey 🍯
- 🌟Sending my selfies to NASA because I’m a star 🌟
- Please cancel my subscription to your issues
- Status Update: Currently hungry 🍔🍟🌭🌮🥗🍪
- Kanye attitude with Drake feelings 😭
- Don’t study me. You won’t graduate 🎓
Instagram bio puns
- They call me Febreze because I’m so fresh
- Don’t kale my vibe
- Follow my Instagram or I’m nacho friend anymore
- I believe in bee-ing myself
- My Instagram account is very a-peel-ing
- Seas the day
- I like to stop and smell the ros é
- I’m pawsome and currently having a purrfect day
- Spending my days in a well so I can say they’ve been well spent
- Artists never retire, they withdraw instead
- I’ve been told “You are what you eat.” Guess I ate a sexy beast this morning.
- My name ain’t Mary, but I’m still poppin’
Simple Instagram bio ideas
- I’m the exception
- Simple but significant
- Doing better
- Rollin’ with the homies
- Livin’ a little
- Pretty & Profitable
- Life is beautiful
- Glitter is the only option
- Anything but predictable
- I see beauty in everything
- Goal: bigger smile
Funny Instagram bio ideas
- I apologize for anything I post while hungry
- Humble, with just a hint of Kanye
- I’d rather steal your dessert than your boyfriend
- Sassy, classy, with a touch of badassy
- One day, I hope to become a grown up
- Used to think I was a tad indecisive, but now I’m not quite sure
- Life is short so I’m smiling while I’ve still got all my teeth
- My hobbies are breakfast, lunch, and dinner topped with a chocolate dessert
- Relationship status: Netflix and ice cream
- The bags under my eyes are Chanel
- Instagram bio currently loading
- I’m actually not funny. I’m just really mean, but people always think I’m joking.
- I’m a social media guru. No, really, I am.
Cute Instagram bio ideas
- So many of my smiles are because of you
- All your dreams can come true, and I’ll make sure of it
- Live in the sunshine where you belong
- My life is better than my daydreams
- Sprinkling kindness everywhere I go
- I love my followers more than life itself
- Don’t regret the opportunities you were too afraid to take
- Sometimes we could always use a little magic—don’t hide the magic within you
- Every day might not be a good day but there is good in every day
- So grateful to be sharing my world with you
Instagram bio ideas for boys
- Living life on my own terms
- I don’t care what people think of me. This is me in rawest form.
- I’d rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
- Risk taker. Adventurer. Globetrotter. Living my dreams.
- I might not be where I want to be yet, but I get closer everyday
- One day, I hope to be a happily married old man telling wild stories from his wild youth.
- I got to where I am today by being me
- I was born to do exactly what I’m doing today
- Don’t like me? Don’t care.
- I’m out here hustlin’ to claim what’s mine
Instagram bios for girls
- Not like the rest of them
- Oh, you 😊
- One of a kind
- The best things in life are really expensive. You can have me for $7 billion 😉
- Aloha 🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴
- Hi. Hello. Hola. Ola. Bonjour. Ciao. Guten Tag. Namaste. Salaam.
- Life’s short, eat the cake 🍰
- Adding a little sparkle to your day ✨
- I regret nothing you see in this feed
- My greatest fear isn’t starting. My greatest fear is not making it to the top.
Business bio ideas for Instagram
- I believe in helping people
- Putting customers first since (founding year)
- Official home of (brand name) on Instagram
- 👇 FLASH SALE THIS WEEKEND ONLY—50% 👇
- Share your photos with us using #(brand name)
- 🌎 Free international shipping
- Contact us: [email protected]
- Click the link below to shop our Instagram
- Great selection of (type of products) merch
- Check out our bestsellers below
- Enjoying every second of my life, follow along and see for yourself
- When the pain passes, you eventually see how much good came out of a bad situation
- Love 💗 and Peace ✌️
- Mentally on the beach 🏖️
- If you want the tea, follow me ☕
- Dreaming bigger than my imagination can handle
- Starting over
- Just going with the flow 🌊
- I’m sparkling like my water ✨
- I don’t come with instructions, but my captions are the next best thing 📚
Myself quotes for Instagram bio
- I’m as rare as the Reckon Expert outfit skin in Fortnite
- I’m a limited edition, there’s only one me
- Less talking, more action. Take a look at my pictures if you don’t believe me.
- I am worthy of the greatness I hold
- It’s not your job to like me, it’s mine.
- I’m awesome (don’t worry I think you are too)
- I’m not here to be average, I’m here to be the best
- Born to shine bright
- Always be yourself because an original is always more valuable than a copy
Funny instagram bios for millennials
- Even if you had instructions, you still couldn’t handle me
- Be young. Be dope. Run the show.
- I’ll remember and recover but that doesn’t mean I’ll forgive and forget
- I’d rather make mistakes than fake perfection
- I don’t wipe tears, I wipe the people who created them
- I’m like coffee: dark, bitter, and too hot for you
- In a world of average, I’m savage
- It’s hard to find someone who’s smart, funny, adorable, and a total badass. My only advice for you is, don’t forget to follow me.
- Too glam to give a damn
- My Instagram is proof that I’m always creating a better version of myself
Instagram bio quotes
- Don’t care what you say about me, I like the way I am
- Love without limits
- I’m suffering from an extreme case of not being a Kardashian
- Together we could be unstoppable
- I’m so deep even the ocean gets jealous
- Tell me not to do something and I’ll do it twice and take pictures
- All I do is win, win, win. No matter what.
- In a world where you can have everything, be a giver first.
- You become what you believe, so believe in yourself
- In a world of darkness, look up at the stars
Instagram bio quotes short
- Welcome to my Instagram
- Check out the link below
- This is my life
- I got nothing
- Screw perfect
- Happy thoughts
- Just smiles 🙂
- Meet (name)
- This is my bio
Instagram bio text
- Single. Determined. Living life.
- Creating sunshine in the world
- I wonder how many calories my exes burned jumping to conclusions
- Always better together xoxo
- You’ll never shine if all you do is throw shade
- Just a little bit imperfect
- Real queens fix each other’s crowns
- Today’s the kind of day I live for
- No one’s life is as perfect as their Instagram feed
- I don’t know where I’m going but I’m going
Inspirational Instagram bio ideas
- Every day I create a life I love
- When the world is dark, look up to the stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
- Trying to watch more sunsets than Netflix
- I’m ready—let’s do this
- Be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons
- Making mistakes is better than faking perfection
- Sprinkling a bit of magic
- Sharing my happy thoughts
- Capture every moment
- I’m the rainbow 🌈 on the rainy day 🌧️
Fitness bio ideas for Instagram
- Workout enthusiast and personal trainer
- When you feel like giving up, keep going
- You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do
- Strength comes from doing things you thought you couldn’t
- Do something today that your future self will thank you for
- Today doesn’t need your excuses. Make it happen.
- The worst workout is the one you didn’t bother to do
- Hustle for more muscle
- Train insane or remain the same
- Helping you build healthier habits
Instagram bio for fashion
- I dress as if I’m about to see my arch nemesis
- My clothes might not change the world, but I sure will
- I’ll make you stop and stare
- My clothes highlight my colorful life
- I may be a fashionista but I’m not all about labels
- Shopping is my therapy—hey, it’s cheaper 😉
- “I need new clothes.” —Me, every damn day
- My ex doesn’t go with my outfit
- Money can’t be the root of evil since shopping brings people so much happiness
- Women can look beautiful in any outfit, but the right outfit can make women become powerful
Creative instagram bios for models
- Shh… I’m a Victoria’s Secret model. It’s such a big secret, not even Victoria knows
- Full-time Instagram model—DM for business enquiries
- I’m not just a girl with a phone, I’m a model
- The prettiest smiles hide the biggest secrets
- I wear confidence on my sleeve
- The most important part of a camera is the person in front of it
- I take a lot of selfies for my future biographer
- Life is short, make every selfie count
- I don’t use filters for my photos—all real girl over here 🙂
Travel Instagram bio ideas
- I might not know who I am, but I know where I want to be. Right here in paradise.
- My best stories are found within the pages of my passport
- I haven’t been there yet, but it’s on my list
- ⚫wanderlust ⚫a strong desire to travel
- Join me on my next adventure!
- Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
- All I need is Vitamin Sea 🌊
- I like taking the scenic route
- Take advantage of every opportunity you get because some things only happen once in a lifetime
- Fill your life with experiences so you always have a great story to tell
Instagram bio examples
- It’s better to be a lonely lion than a popular sheep
- Wake. Play. Slay.
- Creating the life of my dreams one day at a time
- I’ve scrolled millions of miles with my thumbs
- Life isn’t perfect, but your photos can be
- C’est la vie
- I strive to impress myself
- See the good in the world
- Single and living my best life
- I may be a handful but, hey, you’ve got two hands!
What is an Instagram bio?
An Instagram bio is the small area under your username where you can share some details about yourself or your brand. Your Instagram bio can include a brief self or brand description, contact information, emojis, branded hashtag, and more.
Here’s an example of one of the best bios on Instagram by Sabrina Phillip .
Sabrina has a powerful Insta bio. The first line tells you what she does: “I help women make millions online.”
The second line of her engaging bio highlights her roles: “investor, podcaster, multiple-7-figure CEO.”
The third line adds a personal touch: “dog mom to Bonnie & Clyde.”
The fourth line talks about her additional interest: “travel writer @sabrinainscotland.”
And the last line is her CTA, directing you to her webpage at www.liinks.co/sabrinamphilipp .
She also includes emojis to make the text more eye-catching.
If you’re looking for Instagram bio ideas that blend professional and personal, Sabrina’s profile offers a great example.
Instagram bio template to follow
You can write your Instagram bio any way you want. However, it’s best to apply tried-and-tested Instagram bio tips:
1. Describe your personal brand
The best Instagram bios tend to have a self-description. Things to consider adding: your job title(s), the company you own or work for, some claims to fame, things you love, and what makes you stand out.
Queen Latifah’s Instagram bio does a great job of describing her personal brand. In the first line of her bio she writes, “Actor/Rapper/Singer/Producer.” When people visit her fanpage, they’ll learn that she’s more than just an actor and may check out her other gigs to learn more about her.
Plus, that little blue tick shows up on her page, so people will immediately understand that she’s famous when visiting her Instagram account . A key takeaway from her profile is that you can hook people even with a short Instagram bio.
2. Highlight your interests
To make a good first impression, you need to connect with your audience.
How can you do that? By sharing your interests.
For example, Paola Antonini’s Instagram bio shares a subtle hint about who she is and what her Instagram is all about. For her interests, she shares, “Lifestyle | Travel | Gratitude.”
When you see the word “gratitude” thrown in there, you get a little intrigued. And after scrolling through some pictures, you immediately see that she has a prosthetic leg.
And much of her Instagram includes pictures of her living life, traveling, and having fun, which makes her interesting to follow. Her 2.6 million followers likely agree.
The best bio will always be the one that’s easy to read and highlights your key passions, which are two most important Instagram bio tips to copy.
3. Share your contact information
If you’re the owner of a fan page or business, or you’re a public figure, your Instagram bio should include your contact information.
Most people write something like, “For business enquiries, email [email protected].” You can also direct people to your DM for sending messages.
The app company A Color Story includes its email address in its Instagram bio for easy communication. The whole goal of social media is to be social, after all, so making your contact information more accessible is one of those Instagram bio tips you have to follow.
4. Add a call to action
Whether you’re a business owner or an influencer , having a call to action in your Instagram bio is a must.
Remember: You’ve got one link that you can include for users to click on. So throw in a request to “sign up for my course,” “check out my latest blog post,” or “shop the hottest fashion products now.”
Tony Robbins’ Instagram bio example includes the CTA “⬇️ Podcast.” The arrow emoji points down to the link to get some extra attention.
5 Instagram bio tricks to try
Want to learn a few tricks to make your Instagram bio pop? Here are four of the most popular ones:
1. Change the font in your Instagram bio
Using a tool like LingoJam , you can easily copy and paste different Instagram bio fonts for your profile. All you need to do is type in the words you’d like in a different font, like your name.
Then, scroll through fonts until you see one you like. Copy and paste it right into your Instagram bio.
2. Add symbols to make it more noticeable
Using a website like CoolSymbol , you can copy and paste symbols and fancy text.
You’ll find lots of cool symbols like stars, copyright, arrows, currency, brackets, hearts, zodiac signs, and more. As soon as you click one of the symbols, it immediately gets copied. Then you can head on over to Instagram to post it in your bio.
3. Create a link in bio to improve visibility
You probably already know how to add your website link in your Instagram bio. But what about when you want to add multiple links?
A cool little website that will help you do this is Linkpop . All you need to do is log into your Shopify account, add the links you want to the landing page, and share your unique link on your Instagram profile.
When all that’s done, your Instagram bio link ends up directing your visitors to a page with multiple links.
To add a link to your Instagram bio, follow these steps:
- Go to your profile and select the “Edit Profile” button
- Add the URL in the “Website” field
- Save the changes
- Test the website link in your profile
4. Add line breaks to your Instagram bio
Using the free tool by Apps4Life , you can add line breaks for your Instagram bio (or Instagram captions ) and click the Convert button to add it to your clipboard.
Then, you can head to your Instagram app and paste the text directly into your bio. This saves you the hassle of manually creating space you need within the Instagram app .
5. Add your location if it makes sense
You can add a location to your Instagram bio if you are listed as a public figure or business. If you are, follow these easy steps:
- Go to your profile and select the Edit Profile button.
- Under Public Business Information, select Contact Options.
- Choose Business Address and fill in the fields.
- Save the changes.
- Test the address in your bio to ensure it links to the right place.
Drive more engagement with a killer Instagram bio
The best Instagram bios can help elevate your Instagram account, along with your personal and professional goals.
Whether your goal is to grow your followers or make more sales , you can add calls to action to your bio to get people to do specific things when they visit your profile.
But don’t neglect the opportunity to share more about yourself and your brand. One of the most important things is to be memorable and engaging — so don’t be afraid to get a little fun and quirky.
Inventory Turnover Ratio: How to Calculate and Improve It (2023)
Learn how the inventory turnover ratio impacts your business. Uncover its formula and actionable steps to enhance ITR o…
50 Best Instagram Accounts To Follow in 2024
Need some inspiration for your Instagram account? We searched far and wide to find Instagram accounts that are popular,…
10 Best Free Animation Software Programs To Use (2024)
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need expensive software to create animated clips. In fact, you can make these vid…
275+ Instagram Bio Ideas + 5 Tips to Write Your Own Killer Bio
- Updated: 10/06/23
- Comments: 0
We partner with bada$$ companies that offer products that help our readers achieve their goals! If you purchase through our partner links, we get paid for the referral at no additional cost to you! Read our disclosure for more info.
Are you looking for Instagram bio ideas to help you stand out from the crowd? You’re in luck! In this blog post, we’ll share over 275+ Instagram bio ideas and provide 5 tips on how to write your own killer Instagram bio.
Whether you’re a business or an individual, having an eye-catching Instagram profile is essential if you want to make an impact.
A good Instagram bio is what makes people follow you, want to learn more, and most importantly — click your bio links!
Your bio for Instagram should be unique and engaging enough that it gives potential followers a glimpse into who you are and what they can expect from following your account.
With our complete collection of Instagram bio ideas, plus our helpful tips for crafting the perfect Instagram bio, you’ll have all the tools needed to create a winning profile in no time at all!
Here is a quick summary of what we’ll cover in case you want to jump ahead:
How to Write a Great Instagram Bio
Crafting a clever Instagram bio should be at the top of your list when it comes to marketing yourself and setting your Instagram account up for success.
Before you begin, make sure that you have an Instagram business profile so you get access to extra analytics!
Here are a few steps you can take to write a killer Instagram bio:
1. Introduce Yourself
Good Instagram bio should give potential followers a glimpse into who you are and what they can expect from following your account, so begin with introducing yourself in one or two sentences.
Here are a few basic bio ideas to get an idea of what you can start with here:
- I’m a ____ passionate about ____.
- I’m here to share my love of ____ with the world.
- A lover of all things ____.
- Life is an adventure – come join me!
- Tell me your story and let’s make something great together.
- Just a ____ trying to make the world a better place.
- Follow me for an inside look at my journey into ____.
- Navigating the ups and downs of life one day at a time.
- Sharing stories, tips, and resources for living your best life.
- Bringing joy to all through my love of ____.
How to Change the Font in Your Instagram Bio
You may have noticed that some people have different fonts in their Instagram bio and wondered how they did that. After all, you can’t change the font of your text anywhere in your Instagram account profile.
You can actually use a free tool like LingoJam to copy and paste customizable fonts into your Instagram bio.
2. Include Keywords
Choose keywords that accurately reflect what kind of content people will find when they follow you, such as “travel” or “fashion”, etc., so that users searching for those topics will find your profile more easily.
3. Add Emojis and Line Breaks
You can add line breaks and emojis for a more visually appealing Instagram bio which can help draw attention to key points about yourself and/or business!
This makes the aesthetic of your profile really stand out from other accounts.
If you want additional customization, you can also use a free tool like CoolSymbol to add additional symbols to your Instagram bio.
Bonus tip: You can also add a branded hashtag to your bio for Instagram to help others discover you and inspire them to use your hashtag!
4. Include Contact Information
You may or may not want to include any contact information, but it’s a good idea if you’re running a business.
People can send you direct messages, but other businesses and potential partners may want to reach out via email, and opening that channel could lead to additional opportunities.
5. Add a Call-to-Action (Link)
An Instagram bio link is especially important if you run a business or are using Instagram to make money.
You’re only allowed 1 link in your Instagram bio, so use it wisely.
You can include your website URL, an email opt-in, or a landing page for a link-in-bio tool like LinkTree or one of its alternatives.
With a link-in-bio tool, you can link to a landing page that includes several important links for your business, including your podcast, YouTube channel, and more.
6. Review and Revise Regularly
It’s important to review and revise your Instagram bio regularly so that it accurately reflects who you are, what you do, and what your Instagram followers can expect from following your Instagram profile.
Checking out your competitors to get ideas is also a good idea!
Instagram Bio Rules and Limits
Instagram bios are limited to 150 characters, and that includes spaces — meaning you have to be very selective in the words and phrases you include in your bio
Instagram also has some rules about what is and is not allowed in Instagram bios.
For example, Instagram does not allow any profanity or references to drugs, weapons, violence, or other inappropriate topics.
Additionally, there are some specific rules that apply to the links that you can include in your Instagram bio.
The following links are forbidden in your bio area:
- Snapchat or Telegram links
- Any link that is included in Instagram bios of multiple accounts (seen as spam)
- A site that redirects too many times (or URL forwarding)
- Any other site with spam or associated with spam or poor ranking
- Any site with explicit content (not suitable for children under 16)
You can also use a service like Bitly to shorten your links, if necessary.
Instagram Bio Ideas for Every Occasion and Niche
Whether you’re a business, an individual, or some combination of the two — displaying your Instagram bio proudly is essential for growing your Instagram presence.
Here are some of our best Instagram bio ideas to help you get started. Feel free to copy and paste these to use in your own bio for Instagram, if you’d like!
Funny Instagram Bios
Let’s start out with some funny Instagram bios, because we all need a little more humor in our lives! There are a lot of different types of humor, so make sure to showcase your own style!
- I’m not lazy, I’m just on energy-saving mode. 🔋
- Life is too short to take it seriously all the time.
- It’s all fun and games until someone divides by zero… ➗
- Don’t follow me because I don’t even know where I am going!
- Just a cupcake looking for a stud muffin 🧁💕
- I’m an original somebody —not a carbon copy of somebody else!
- Online 24/7 except when my Netflix is calling.
- If I was funny, I’d have a better Instagram bio.
- My life isn’t perfect but my Instagram feed sure looks like it 😎
- Leave your drama at the door, please! 🚪
- I’m out here livin’ life like it’s golden ✨
- A little bit of sass and a whole lot of class ☕️
- I’m not saying I’m perfect, but I’m pretty awesome.
- Warning: Instagram posts may be habit-forming.
- If you can’t find me on Instagram, just check the refrigerator.
Cute Instagram Bio Ideas
These cute Instagram bios are a sure way to spice up your profile!
- I’m an independent girl who knows what she wants! 👸🏼
- Just a small-town girl living in a big Instagram world. 💁🏻♀️
- Life is better when you’re laughing and smiling!
- Doing my best to spread joy and make the most of life! 💓
- Happiness is just around the corner if you choose to turn the page 📖🤗
- Living life one Instagram post at a time 📸✨
- All that glitter isn’t gold, but it sure looks good on Instagram 😉
- A smile makes all things possible ✨
- Just trying to live my best life and create beautiful memories along the way 💙🏝️
- Making each day count with love, laughter, and lots of Instagram posts 💛
- Life is too short to stress about the little things!
- A smile a day keeps the worries away. 😊
- Love, laughter, and lots of selfies 🤳
- Coffee in one hand, life in the other ☕️
- Blessed beyond belief and living my best life 🌈
Creative Instagram Bio Ideas
If you’re looking for some creative Instagram bios, these can apply to a variety of niches.
- Bringing creativity to you, one post at a time 🎨
- Let’s get inspired together ✨💡🌈
- Always seeking beauty in the little things 🌹
- Showcasing creativity in new ways each day ⚡️🌈
- Exploring life through art and words ✍️🎨
- Capturing moments of wonderment 🤩
- Making memories that last a lifetime 📸
- Life is my playground!
- The world is my canvas 🗺️👩🏻🎨
- Create something beautiful every day 🤩
Cool Instagram Bio Ideas
These cool Instagram bios are going to be just right for anyone that wants to express more in fewer words!
- Being cool isn’t just a hobby, it’s a way of life 🤩
- Cool vibes only 😎
- Just trying to be trendy.
- I set my own rules 😎
- Life is a journey. Enjoy the ride. 🎢
- Dream Bigger 💭
- Riding the waves of life 🌊
- Capturing moments that matter most 📸
- Adventure Seeker 🗺
- Live the life you love and love the life you live 💞
Professional Instagram Bios (for Entrepreneurs)
The following Instagram bios are for those of you that have started a blog or business and teach others on Instagram. You can also use our list of hustle quotes if you want some additional ideas for Instagram bio quotes.
- Build a Successful Business Today 💻
- Strategist, Innovator, and Thought Leader in [Your Field]
- Storyteller Crafting Visual Content That Gets Results
- Digital Creator and Entrepreneur 💻⚡️
- Turning Ideas Into Reality 💡
- Instagram Growth Expert | Helping Creatives Grow Their Accounts
- Motivational Speaker and Coach 💪🏻☀️
- Sharing the Secrets to Success ⚡️📈
- Helping others build their businesses 💻
- Creating opportunities in unexpected places 👩💻
- Professional Marketing Specialist Helping to Grow Brands
- Transforming Visions into Virtual Realities 💡
- Digital Marketer and Online Success Coach 🗯️📈
- Turning Hours into Dollars 🤑
- Create the Life You Want to Live.
Motivational Instagram Bio Ideas
These Instagram bio examples are all motivational in nature. If you want some additional inspiration, you can also check our list of motivational quotes to get ideas if you’re looking for more Instagram bio quotes.
- Living my life with purpose and passion 🔥
- Every day, you’re one step closer to achieving your goals 🌟
- “You are capable of more than you know.”
- Inspiring and motivating others to reach their highest potential ✨
- “Opportunities don’t happen. You create them.”
- Believe in yourself, because you’re capable of anything 💪
- “Live the life that excites and inspires you.”
- Create your own path. Don’t follow someone else’s. 😎
- Striving for greatness every day 🤩
- Making each moment count and turning dreams into reality 💭
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.”
- Pursuing a life of happiness, health, and success ☀️🙏
- Not afraid to take risks in order to reach my goals ☁️🌈
- “Be bold. Be brave.”
- Working hard and motivating others to join me on this journey ✨😊
Hashtag Instagram Bio Ideas
Hashtags aren’t just for Instagram captions — you can include them in your bio too. You can use one of the hashtags below or create your own set of branded hashtags!
Instagram Bio Ideas With Alliteration
Using alliteration , imagery , and power words in your Instagram bio can really pack a punch and help you convey more in fewer words.
- Innovating Incredible Images 💡
- Captivating Content Creation 📝
- Showcasing Splendid Style with Snapshots 😍
- Marvelous Memes and Magnificent Moments ✨
- Pursuing Perfection in Pictures 👌🎨
- Making Magic with Manicured Messages 💫😊
- Entertaining Everyone Every Time ♥️✨
- Dazzling Designs that Delight the Digital Domain ⚡️👯♀️
- Crafting Creative Concepts for Captivating Clarity ☁️🦋
- Instagramming Innovatively and Inspiringly
- Dreaming of Delightful Discoveries 🌎
- Sly Strategist Seeking Striking Solutions
- Magnetic Marketer Maximizing Momentum 🧲
- Joyful Journeyman Jumping into Joviality
- Cinematic Storyteller Crafting Captivating Clips 🎥
Unique Instagram Bio Ideas
If you’re looking for a unique bio for Instagram that is short and sweet, you can use a short motivational phrase or even just emojis! 🌈🌈🌈 Here are a few simple and short bios.
- Instagramming with Impact 💥
- Shine Brightly ✨
- Live Boldly 🌈
- Innovate Daily 🤩
- Spread Joy 😊
- Dream Big 📈
- Create Magic 🎆
- Celebrate Life ☀️
- Find Happiness ♥️
- Seize the Day! ⚡️
Fitness Instagram Bio Ideas
Are you a fitness buff? Maybe you’re just using Instagram to document a health or weight loss journey. If so, these bio ideas are for you!
- Follow my fitness journey 💪
- My Weight Loss Journey
- Living Life to its Healthiest Potential ❤️
- Bringing balance and bliss through yoga practice 🙏🤸♂️
- Pushing Limits While Keeping it Balanced 👊🏽
- Keep moving and stay motivated ✨
- Get fit, and have fun! 🤸♀️
- My Fitness Challenge 👊
- Living Life on the Fit side ☀️
- Yoga teacher on a mission to help others find their inner peace ☯️
- Balancing Life and Fitness with Fun 😊
- Swole for Days 💪
- Sweat it out and show off those gains ➕✨
- Living my best healthy life ♥️🙌
- Helping others reach their fitness goals ✨
Healthy Diet and Vegan Instagram Bio Ideas
Where are my healthy dieters, vegetarians, and vegans??? These Instagram bios are for you!
- Plant-Based Life 🌱
- Eating Clean, Living Green ✨
- Vegan, Animal Lover 🐾
- Making the Most of My Earth-Friendly Choices 🌎
- Fueling My Body with Plants 💪
- Cultivating Compassion with Every Meal 💚🥗
- Living in a Cruelty-Free World 🐮
- Making Compassion a Priority 🙏😊
- Everything Tastes Better Vegan 🌱🥗
- Plant-Powered and Proud 🌱❤️🍲
- Tapping Into Nature’s Abundance Through Plant-Based Nutrition ✨🌿
- Proving that Protein Comes from Plants ☀️👊
- Following a Vibrant Vegan Lifestyle 💚
- Helping to Create Change for Animals Everywhere 🐮💞
- Celebrating the Cruelty-Free Way 🐥💗
Instagram Bio Ideas for Moms
There are a ton of mommy bloggers on the internet , reaching others through Instagram. These Instagram bios are for you!
- Mom. Wife. Business Owner. 💃👩👧👦
- Mom of two, sharing my motherhood journey with the world ✨
- Proud wife and mother of 👶🏻 👶🏻
- Empowering moms to live their best lives ❤️
- Turning mommyhood into the best adventure 🌟
- Finding Meaningfulness in Motherhood 👩🏻🍼
- Sharing Motherhood Adventures (and Misadventures) 🤩
- Mom blogger, sharing the highs and lows of parenting with humor and grace 💐
- Family first 👨👩👧👦
- Mom on a mission to make motherhood fun for all 🤸♀️
- Celebrating motherhood and all things family 💕
- Blessed mama to 👶🏻
- Chronicling my motherhood journey and chaos 🤱
- Mom to two amazing kids, sharing my tips and tricks for parenting 💝
- Pregnancy 🤰🏼 and Parenting 👶🏻
Instagram Bio Ideas for Food Bloggers
There are a ton of food bloggers and foodies on Instagram, so whether this is a full-time business or just a hobby, these Instagram profile ideas will give you a good place to start!
- Foodie for Life 🌮🥗🥑🥦🍲
- Keeping it real with every meal I make 🥘
- Creating Comfort Food that Satisfies the Soul 👩🍳
- Passionate foodie sharing my favorite recipes 🍲
- Exploring New Flavors and Fabulous Feasts 🌮😋
- Fit 💪🏻 Food 🥗 Fun 🤪
- Delicious Dishes 🍲 and Delightful Drinks🍸
- Fueling my Wanderlust One Recipe at a Time 🥘
- Cooking up Culinary Creations to Feed Your Soul ✨🥑
- Baking My Way Through Life 👨🏻🍳🧁
- Discovering the World of Flavor 🌎🌶️
- Sweet Treats 🍪 and Savory Salads 🥗
- Tempting Recipes to Try This Week
- Tasting all the best dishes around town 🥘
- Discovering culinary delights from near and far 🌎🍴
Instagram Bio Ideas for Travel Lovers
The following bios are for travel bloggers or anyone else who showcases mostly travel in their Instagram profile!
- Peer into my passport to the world 🌎
- Adventurer and Explorer 🛣️
- Life is about the journey — not the destination. 🧳
- Wanderlust on Wheels 👨👩👧👦⛰️
- Digital Nomad 👩🏽💻
- Follow me around the globe ⛱🗺️
- Let’s Go Somewhere Extraordinary Together ☀️✈️
- Discovering beauty in every corner of the world ♥️
- Live, Love, Explore ♥️🌎
- Follow my adventures around the world! 😍
- Living That Jet-Set Life 🛫
- Living life one adventure at a time ⛰
- Capturing memories from around the world 📸 🌎
- Sharing lifelong memories 📸🗺️
- A Global Citizen: Connecting with People Everywhere 🌎✨
Instagram Bios for Lifestyle Bloggers and Influencers
Lifestyle bloggers and influencers, this one is for you!
- Welcome to my world of expression ✨
- Creating content that inspires others to make changes for the better ☀️💪
- Living a Balanced Life with Style ☀️👗
- Bringing Magic into Every Moment of Life 🔮✨
- In pursuit of living a meaningful, fun-filled life 💫
- Lifestyle blogger sharing real stories from everyday life ✨👩💻
- Celebrating Fun, Family, and Fashion 🌈👶🏻💃🏼
- Celebrating Life, Love, and Everything In Between 💕
- Finding Beauty in the Mundane ✨
- Shaping conversations around topics I care about ❤️✊
- Letting Your Creativity Fly 🎨🦄
- Empowering others to live their best lives✨🌟
- Exploring the world through my journey of self-discovery ✨
- Exploring Life and All It Has To Offer 🤸♂️
- Exploring different cultures while inspiring others to do the same ♻️🔮
Instagram Bio Ideas for Fashion Bloggers
Fashion bloggers, these Instagram bios are for you!
- Welcome to my runway 💃
- Lifestyle Blogger | Fashionista 👗
- Expressing Myself Through Clothes 📸✨
- Celebrating Beauty and Style Everywhere I Go 💄🤩
- Passion for Fashion 👠👗
- Work and Wardrobes 💼 💃
- Never Leave Your Style Behind 👗💁🏻♀️
- Making the world a more fashionable place 🛍
- Showcasing my unique style around the globe! 🌎✨
- Showcasing Beauty and Elegance
- Styling my way through life ✨
- Exploring New Fashion Finds 👗🕶️
- Bringing Style and Inspiration to the World 👠🗺️
- Fashionable and Fabulous 🤩 💁🏻♀️
Instagram Bio Ideas for Photographers
Because Instagram is such a visual platform, it has always been a popular place for photography bloggers and amateurs alike to share their favorite photos from life.
If your Instagram feed posts center around photography, check these bio ideas out!
- Making Sure Every Moment Lasts a Lifetime 📸🌅
- Beauty in Every Lens, Everywhere I Go 🔍📷
- Turning Moments into Art
- Moments captured in time – one frame at a time 📷🌅
- Finding Inspiration In Every Scene 💡✨
- Photographer Traveling the Globe 🌎📷
- Sharing Stories Through Photos 🎭🤩
- Photographing my way through life ✨📷
- Showcasing an artistic perspective on the world 🌅⛱🏔
- Capturing Life’s Precious Moments 📸
Instagram Bio Ideas for Artists and Designers
Looking for the best Instagram bios for artists and creatives? This category is for you!
- The world is my canvas 🎨
- Exploring Color, Light, & Texture Through Art 🖼️
- A Creative Mind Unveiling the Hidden Wonders of Life 🦋
- Unleashing My Imagination onto Canvas ☁️⚡️
- Showcasing the beauty of life 👩🎤🌈
- Capturing Moments in Time with Paint and Brush 🎨
- Expressing my artistic views on life
- Creating a World of Expression and Beauty ✨🤍
- Let the creativity flow ✨
- Inspiring others to discover their own inner artist 🦄🎨
- Artist Showcasing Inspiration Everywhere I Go 🗺☁️
- My Colorful Creations 🦄🎨🌈
- Exploring Different Media and Expressions 🧑🏼🎤🌈
- Transforming Ideas Into Art 🧑🏻🎨
- Celebrating Unique Perspectives & Cultures Through Art ☮️😌
Instagram Bios for Beauty Bloggers
Last but absolutely not least, we have our ideas for Instagram bio examples for beauty bloggers!
- All things makeup and beauty here 💅
- Finding the perfect balance of make-up and skincare 👩🏽⚕️👸🏼
- Bringing Beauty, Style and Inspiration Together ✨👗
- Influencer | Beauty Blogger 👸
- Celebrating Confidence and Self Love 👑♥️
- Exploring Beauty, Inside and Out ☯️✨
- Unveiling the beauty in me 👑💄
- Sharing tips, tricks, and hacks for all the beauties out there 😘
- Highlighting Natural Beauty Everywhere I Go 🌻✨
- Discovering New Ways To Enhance Natural Beauty 🧖🏾♀️☁️
- Empowering Women Through Beauty & Confidence 💄👠
- Beautifying Women Around The World ✨🌈
- Beauty Blogger | Tips & Tricks 💄💁♀️💅
- Keeping up with the latest trends of beauty & glamour ✨
- Finding Inner and Outer Strength Through Creativity 💄👑💅
Summary of Instagram Bio Ideas
Having an eye-catching Instagram profile is essential if you want to make an impact.
The best Instagram bios can range from witty puns to artistic expression, offering Instagrammers a variety of ways to showcase their brand or message.
Creating an Instagram bio is a great way to express your unique personality and give your profile a boost of creativity.
Make sure to include the following in your Instagram bio:
- Introduction or Quote
- Relevant Keywords to Your Niche
- Emojis and Line Breaks
- Contact Information (Optional)
- Link and Call-to-Action
Feel free to copy and paste any of the examples from this article, and always make sure to review and revise often, if necessary!