Case Study Template
- Content Marketing Templates
Craft an incredible case study the easy way with this free case study template (available in Word, Google Docs and as a PDF). Whether you want to use your case study as a piece of blog content, or as a sales tool to close more clients, this template will give you everything you need.
Download the Case Study Template
The Digital Marketing Templates Library
Download as Microsoft Word
Download as PDF
Open as Google Doc
Why Use a Case Study Template?
Case studies are one of my favorite types of content. They’re useful like a how-to guide. But they’re backed up with proof to show that the steps actually work.
Plus, bloggers LOVE linking to case studies. Why? Because they contain real numbers. Case studies also get a lot of social media shares (people love to share a good story) In fact, one of my most popular posts ever is when I first introduced the Skyscraper Technique . And it’s a case study.
Now: I’ve written a lot of case studies over the years. And I’ve noticed that there’s one particular structure that works like a charm. Every time.
So I created a template to help me bang out case studies FAST. Now, rather than staring at a blank page, I just whip out my tried-and-true template and start filling in the blanks. Starting today, you’ll be able to do the same.
Here’s what’s included in this case study template:
- The 3 major components to any winning case study: How to capture your audience’s attention, make them want to read the entire thing, and get them to share your post when they’re done.
- How to write your case study: What to include, what to leave out, and where to put everything in order.
- Paint-by-numbers walkthrough of every section of your case study: From the “setting the scene”, outlining the results, wrapping things up and more.
How to Use This Template
- Identify an accomplishment you’d like to highlight, whether your own or someone else’s (like a friend or client’s)
- Download the free Case Study Template on this page
- Follow the instructions in the template and fill in the blanks, adding plenty of detail
- Paste the template into the content editor of your website, format it and add images
- Publish and promote your case study
How to Make Sure Your Case Study Gets the Attention It Deserves
94% of all blog posts have 0 external links . Using a template will help you nail the fundamentals of your case study. Which is important. But if you want to attract lots of links and social shares, you’ll need to go above and beyond.
- Spend lots of time on your title. After all, people will only click through and read if your title draws them in. I include two things in every case study title: a very specific result with a number (like “How I Increased My Organic Traffic 652%”) and another detail that provides context and makes it more impressive (like “in 7 Days”).
- Speaking of titles, for more social shares, use a title that’s 14-17 words long .
- Make your case study beautiful and easy-to-read. According to Nielsen Norman Group , good visual design is one of the best ways to make your content appear more trustworthy. Definitely use as many high-quality images as you can. But don’t forget about font. Go with a font that’s between 15 – 18 pixels for the body of your content.
- Create a new, “branded” name for the technique your case study covers. (I call this the Branded Strategy Case Study , which is itself a branded name.) Giving your technique a branded name makes people more likely to remember and link to your case study.
- See my Complete Guide to SEO and Content Marketing for more best practices to follow.
Here Are The Templates One More Time...
7+ Case Study Report Templates in Google Docs | PDF | DOC | Pages
A case study is a research report on the development of a particular place, person or any issue over a particular period. A case study report is a seemingly difficult job. Because it requires a lot of details and information. But with us, by your side, you can easily make it. Just get your hands on the report templates and design the case study reports instantly.
Table of Content
Report template bundle, 5 steps to make a case study report, 7+ case study report templates, 1. case study report template, 2. case study report example, 3. professional case study report template, 4. academic case study report template, 5. individual case study report example, 6. case study report template in pdf, 7. case study report example in pdf, 8. case study report form example.
- Google Docs
Step 1: Read and Examine
Step 2: make notes, step 3: focus analysis, step 4: review, step 5: monitor.
More in Case Templates
Case Brief Summary Template
Onboarding Process Study HR Template
IT Diversity & Inclusion Case Study Template
Personal Career Case Study Interview Essay Template
IT Business Case Study Template
Citibank Short Case Study Sample Template
Medical Treatment Injury Case Study Template
Basic Psychology Phase One Page Case Study Template
Graphic Design Case Study Research Template
School Debt Management Policy Template
Get instant access to free & premium case study templates , ai tools & daily fresh content.
Get access to 1 million+ FREE, PRO, template bundles with professional written original content. Advanced AI, design, document editing tools