Filter by Keywords
15 Best Case Study Templates to Use in Word and ClickUp
October 31, 2023
Case studies are valuable tools for sharing customer success stories and analyzing problem-solving approaches in a structured and informative manner. They can be used to provide detailed insights into specific projects, strategies, or challenges and offer valuable lessons and best practices for professionals across various fields.
Content marketing teams often create case studies as a way to gain more customers and get new business. Case studies can give potential customers a better understanding of your company brand , what it does and how you could potentially help them.
However, creating a compelling case study from scratch can be a time-consuming task. That’s where marketing case study examples and templates can help.
What is a Case Study Template?
What makes a good case study template, 1. clickup case study template, 2. clickup case study design template, 3. clickup research report template, 4. clickup market research template, 5. clickup user research plan template, 6. clickup data analysis findings template, 7. clickup campaign report template, 8. clickup research whiteboard, 9. google docs case study template by wordstream, 10. word case study report template by template.net, 11. word case brief summary template by template.net, 12. word case study report template by template.net, 13. word case study research template by template.net, 14. word psychology case study template by template.net, 15. word media case study template by template.net.
A case study template is a pre-designed framework that serves as a starting point for creating comprehensive and structured case study documents. It provides a standardized, traditional case study format for organizing and presenting information about a particular project, problem-solving scenario, success story, or real-life situation.
Case study templates typically include sections for outlining the background and context of the case study, project documentation , describing the methodology or approach used, presenting data and analysis, and highlighting key findings and recommendations that tell the entire story.
Business case study examples like templates can work as a guide to help content marketers, blog post writers, and anyone else creating quality content that’s customer-facing, focus on important aspects and maintain a logical flow while telling a compelling story.
Some key elements that make a case study template stand out include:
- Clarity and organization: A well-designed template should be easy to navigate. Each section should be labeled appropriately, enabling readers to quickly find the information they seek
- Flexibility: A good case study template should be easily customizable and able to accommodate diverse scenarios. It should be adaptable to different industries, research methodologies, and presentation styles
- Visual appeal: Incorporating visual elements like charts, graphs, and other images can enhance a case study template’s look and make it more visually appealing. They can also aid in the comprehension of complex data. A visually engaging template can captivate readers and make the case study more impactful
15 Case Study Templates to Use in 2023
You don’t have to start from scratch when making your next case study. Instead, take a look at these carefully curated case study templates from ClickUp and Microsoft Word.
ClickUp’s Case Study Template can provide a great start for just about any type of case study you and your team want to write. It kicks off with a section for introducing both your business and the client or customer that the case study focuses on.
After introducing both yourself and the customer, you briefly highlight the customer’s experience and the successes you achieved before delivering a more detailed description of the work you performed and the measurable results you achieved.
The next section focuses on the objective of the case study—what the client’s goal and pain point was and why they decided you were the right company to help them achieve these goals.
The case study template then launches into a section describing the solutions you presented and the data that backs up your success. We created this marketing case study template for a marketing agency that helps customers achieve growth through paid media campaigns, but it can easily be edited to highlight any type of solution.
One of the best ways of telling a customer story using a case study is by allowing the customer to do most of the work themselves. When a case study is written by current or even previous customers, it feels more sincere and honest, especially to potential customers in the evaluation process.
If you want to try this technique out, use this ClickUp Study Design Template . You can send your customer this great case study template and allow them to fill it out themselves and basically write a case study for you. This gives you unfiltered and unbiased answers to the questions you want answered in the case study.
The case study template helps them understand what you want the case study to look like and how the customer’s story should be described. It also helps you get great customer quotes.
A template makes it easier for your customer to frame their experiences with you and easily explain how your product or service helped them. Hearing a peer’s success story from a firsthand perspective can be a more convincing read for prospective customers.
Manage customers with customer database software !
Case studies are essentially customer stories, which can be told in many ways and come in many formats. A research report is another excellent way to frame a case study.
This ClickUp Research Report Template is a step-by-step guide that can help your team create an easy-to-follow research report that allows you to clearly detail your research methods, findings, and the insights that you’ve gained from the research being presented.
This template has a very clear structure, allowing you to simply add the following: an executive summary (brief description), introduction, the methodology used, your results, references, and any necessary appendices if supplementary material needs to be referenced in your research report.
If you need more templates like this, check out this list of research plan templates .
Companies perform market research in order to define what their customers want and need from them. This type of research also helps you to improve product and service offers and learn more about what your competitors are doing and where the success of other businesses stems from.
ClickUp’s Market Research Template gives you a simple-to-follow document that helps you gather and present information related to your target audience, the state of your product/service, and the state of your industry at large.
When you perform marketing research, you are aiming to confirm your hunches about customer needs through scientific research and tangible data.
Marketing case study examples like this are perfect because they’re very simplified and easily customizable. It offers you a section for presenting your company and why you are performing marketing research first.
The template then guides you in describing the type of research you’re doing, how you went about performing market research, data collection techniques, and what insights were garnered—whether it was from existing or potential customers.
Check out these research management tools !
Another type of customer-centric report that you can put together is a user research report. ClickUp’s User Research Plan Template makes it easy for you to define all of the goals and details that you want included in your user research.
The template is particularly useful for user experience (UX) teams that want to perform user persona research in order to better understand what users need and how they behave when using their product, in order to deliver a better experience to them and to new clients.
The template starts with a “ problem statement ” where you can define the problem that the user research report is aiming to solve. Next, you’ll list the goals that you want to achieve and then clearly define the research process.
This type of marketing case study template and report can show you what a satisfied customer looks like and give you insights that help to attract and retain future customers.
Check out these user persona templates !
Another important study that your business can perform in order to make smarter decisions is data analysis. ClickUp’s Data Analysis Findings template makes it easy for your team to perform data analysis and present it clearly to key stakeholders.
This template also starts by setting the stage for the study and explaining it, first with a problem statement and then by explaining the significance of the study.
Next, the template recommends that you define the scope and limitations of the study to set expectations for its potential impact. The next step is to frame your analysis methods and provide the data sources that you used in the analysis, as well as the statistical methods used.
Finally, you can present your findings in a clear and concise way. The template also includes charts and other data visualization tools you can use to make the study more engaging.
This ClickUp Campaign Report template is pre-built to make it incredibly easy to present the results of any ad campaign to stakeholders very easily.
It starts with a section describing your strategy in detail, including the total costs, and the total revenue, conversions, and clicks that you expect to achieve with the campaign.
The marketing case study template then provides charts and graphs that you can use to detail the performance of your campaigns on every single channel that you use. Case study templates like this are great for detailing information on potential customers to know how to better run your campaigns in the future.
Make your next user research project a collaborative, visual experience. Give everyone on your team a chance to add their thoughts and findings with virtual sticky notes using the ClickUp Research Whiteboard Template .
This is one of the more flexible case study templates in this list. Its user research tool makes it easy to take all the random bits of information your team gathers through interviews, surveys, user sessions, and other methods of feedback into one location.
Then, you can quickly organize all of that data into clear categories that make this case study template easy to see at a glance what direction you need to take your project to satisfy your customers.
If you’re writing many case studies, it’s a good idea to try out a bunch of templates over time for added inspiration. Even if you’ve found one structure works great for your case studies, changing your structure up every now and then can give you a fresh perspective on how to present a featured client.
Another good case study you can check out is Wordstream’s Case Study Template. It has an excellent structure and provides pre-built visual cues that give you some ideas for breaking up business case study examples and making them more appealing with pictures and charts.
Use this template to showcase particular customers’ results and share customer pain points and how they were solved. This will help you provide clear evidence to potential customers that you will be able to help them as well.
Template.net is one of the biggest websites if you’re looking for business templates. It’s especially popular for businesses that prefer creating documents in Microsoft Word and Excel.
This Case Study Template from Template.net is sparse, but it gets right to the point and is very well-structured and easy to follow.
This Microsoft Word case study template is a great way to get right down to business! It features a clean and organized layout with clear headings and subheadings, making it easy for readers to navigate. This template also includes space for a brief summary of the case study, perfect for giving readers an overview before diving into the details.
This Microsoft Word case study template is a great option for creating an in-depth report on your findings. The template includes sections for an executive summary, introduction, methodology, results, references, and appendices. It also features a clear structure to make it easy to gather and present information in a cohesive manner. The template also includes sections for an introduction, methodology, findings, and recommendations, ensuring that all the essential elements of a case study are covered.
This Word case study template features a professional and organized design with clearly labeled sections for the introduction, methodology, findings, and conclusion. It also includes space for charts and graphs to visually represent data.
Psychology case studies can be complex and detailed, making it important to have a well-organized template to present the information. The Psychology Case Study Template is perfect for this task, with clear headings and subheadings that guide readers through each section of the study. It also includes sections for summarizing key points and providing recommendations based on the findings.
This media case study template from Template.net is perfect for showcasing the success of a marketing or advertising campaign! It includes space for key metrics, such as reach and engagement, and also has sections for outlining the challenges faced and solutions implemented. With its clean design and easy-to-follow layout, this template is ideal for presenting media case studies to clients or stakeholders.
It’s Easy to Make a Case for Using ClickUp Case Study Templates
People trust other people. That’s why personal recommendations are one of the most effective marketing tactics. A case study provides your company with just that—a personal recommendation from a client you’ve helping, telling others that you can do the same for them.
In the selection process of choosing a product or service to go with, companies will always look at the experiences of other organizations similar to them. Marketing case studies are sincere yet persuasive and clearly show how you help others and can be a very effective differentiator.
ClickUp was designed to serve teams in any industry and of any size. So it makes sense the case study templates we offer are just as diverse and customizable.
Best of all, they are completely free to use! Sign up for free to ClickUp to get immediate access to a massive amount of templates, free cloud storage, and of course, industry-leading project and team management features.
Questions? Comments? Visit our Help Center for support.
Receive the latest WriteClick Newsletter updates.
Thanks for subscribing to our blog!
Please enter a valid email
- Free training & 24-hour support
- Serious about security & privacy
- 99.99% uptime the last 12 months
Case Study Template
- Content Marketing Templates
Craft an incredible case study the easy way with this free case study template (available in Word, Google Docs and as a PDF). Whether you want to use your case study as a piece of blog content, or as a sales tool to close more clients, this template will give you everything you need.
Download the Case Study Template
The Digital Marketing Templates Library
Download as Microsoft Word
Download as PDF
Open as Google Doc
Why Use a Case Study Template?
Case studies are one of my favorite types of content. They’re useful like a how-to guide. But they’re backed up with proof to show that the steps actually work.
Plus, bloggers LOVE linking to case studies. Why? Because they contain real numbers. Case studies also get a lot of social media shares (people love to share a good story) In fact, one of my most popular posts ever is when I first introduced the Skyscraper Technique . And it’s a case study.
Now: I’ve written a lot of case studies over the years. And I’ve noticed that there’s one particular structure that works like a charm. Every time.
So I created a template to help me bang out case studies FAST. Now, rather than staring at a blank page, I just whip out my tried-and-true template and start filling in the blanks. Starting today, you’ll be able to do the same.
Here’s what’s included in this case study template:
- The 3 major components to any winning case study: How to capture your audience’s attention, make them want to read the entire thing, and get them to share your post when they’re done.
- How to write your case study: What to include, what to leave out, and where to put everything in order.
- Paint-by-numbers walkthrough of every section of your case study: From the “setting the scene”, outlining the results, wrapping things up and more.
How to Use This Template
- Identify an accomplishment you’d like to highlight, whether your own or someone else’s (like a friend or client’s)
- Download the free Case Study Template on this page
- Follow the instructions in the template and fill in the blanks, adding plenty of detail
- Paste the template into the content editor of your website, format it and add images
- Publish and promote your case study
How to Make Sure Your Case Study Gets the Attention It Deserves
94% of all blog posts have 0 external links . Using a template will help you nail the fundamentals of your case study. Which is important. But if you want to attract lots of links and social shares, you’ll need to go above and beyond.
- Spend lots of time on your title. After all, people will only click through and read if your title draws them in. I include two things in every case study title: a very specific result with a number (like “How I Increased My Organic Traffic 652%”) and another detail that provides context and makes it more impressive (like “in 7 Days”).
- Speaking of titles, for more social shares, use a title that’s 14-17 words long .
- Make your case study beautiful and easy-to-read. According to Nielsen Norman Group , good visual design is one of the best ways to make your content appear more trustworthy. Definitely use as many high-quality images as you can. But don’t forget about font. Go with a font that’s between 15 – 18 pixels for the body of your content.
- Create a new, “branded” name for the technique your case study covers. (I call this the Branded Strategy Case Study , which is itself a branded name.) Giving your technique a branded name makes people more likely to remember and link to your case study.
- See my Complete Guide to SEO and Content Marketing for more best practices to follow.
Here Are The Templates One More Time...
37+ Case Study Templates – Word, PDF, Pages
Case studies are usually used in the field of market research, product promotion and development, and in other areas of business and social sciences. Generally, case studies deal with a particular subject matter by narrowing down a broad topic into different research topics.
Case Study Analysis Design
- Google Docs
Medical Case Study Template
Medical ethics case study.
Nursing Case Study Sample
Nursing care case study.
General Guidelines in Writing a Case Study
- Prepare the needed documents for your case study. Before structuring and outlining your case study, you need to plan and prepare first some documents, reports, or other resource materials that are needed in the execution of the case study.
- Starting your case study with an outline. Draft first the important sections that you should include in your case study. Free case study templates can show how are headers and sub-headers are written and effectively positioned in a case study.
- Check for deficiencies and gaps. After drafting the outline and providing the initial content of your case study, you have to read it again or let a third person read it to gain constructive criticisms as to how you can improve your outline and content.
Business Case Study Templates
Case study for international business.
Small Business Case Study
Case Study for Business Intelligence
Business Communication Case Study
Psychology Case Study Templates
Educational psychology case study.
Case Study in Abnormal Psychology
Types of Case Study Templates
- Medical Case Study Templates – According to research, most medical case studies are used to document and analyze certain clinical conditions and diseases and ultimately examining their respective treatment procedures. There are various approaches to this because clinical conditions vary from person to person. These templates will give you an idea on how medical case study works and what are the commonly used objectives and thesis statements.
- Business Case Study Templates – For business graduates, business case studies are not new to them. This is because business schools include business case studies in their lessons so as to give the students a realistic and clear picture on how business theories and strategies are applied. The offered sample templates here are applicable to international and small businesses.
- Psychology Case Study Templates – The heart of psychological case studies is centered on the intrinsic and extrinsic factors that may affect the behavior and responses of certain individuals, groups, or other occurrences. The samples can give you a hand in ensuring that the topic and outline of your case study are relevant and timely.
- Marketing Case Study Templates – Marketing case studies are considered as an effective marketing reference and tool. Advertisers and marketing officers can learn a lot from case studies in coming up with marketing strategies and plans. For those who are into the field of marketing, these case study templates can help a lot especially when the subject matters involve digital marketing, tourism, and many more.
- Financial Case Study Templates – Even in the field of numbers and financial accounts, case studies play a role. Because financial case studies deal with particular subjects following a certain case analysis format , the results can shed salient conclusions and propositions to enhance a particular financial plan or strategy.
Marketing Case Study Samples
Digital marketing case study.
Case Study for Tourism Marketing Strategy
Marketing Plan Case Study
Project Case Study Templates
Case study for construction project management.
Project Failure Case Study
Case Study for Project Management
Social Case Study Templates
Case study for social worker’s mental health.
Social Media Case Study
Customer Case Study Templates
Case study for customer service.
Case Study for Customer Satisfaction
Design Case Study Templates
Graphic design case study.
Case Study for Interior Design
Standard Inclusions of a Case Study
- Executive Summary – The executive summary is an avenue for you to give the readers of the case study an overview and summary as to the purpose and direction of the study. In here, you need to provide the field of research you’re focusing on and the corresponding methodologies and theories that you’re integrating in the study. Executive summaries are mostly present in marketing case study templates .
- Data Presentation – You need to present the findings of your case study. Test case templates can show you how the findings are structured in an engaging and professional way. You need to identify here the core problems of your case and the subject matters of your analysis and discussion.
- Discussion and Analysis – A case study is not just a mere descriptive study of a certain topic, the presented data must be digested, analyzed and correlated with one another as what is showcased by case analysis templates . Your analysis can lead you to finding the solutions to the problem or subject matter of the case study.
Financial Case Study Templates
Financial planning case study.
Financial Accounting Case Study
Case Study for Financial Analysis
Product Case Study Templates
Case study of new product launch.
Case Study of New Product Development
Research Case Study Templates
Case study of qualitative research.
Action Research Case Study
Case Study for Research Methodology
Research Proposal Case Study
Student Case Study Templates
Case studies for disruptive student behavior.
Case Study of Nursing Student
Training Case Study Samples
Training case study.
Internet Training Case Studies
Training Case Study for Web
Invigilator Training Case Studies
Leadership Training Case Study
Technical Case Study Templates
Technical case study.
How to Create a Comprehensive and Well-written Case Study?
- Consider current field-related problems and trends. Case studies are interesting when it deals with frequently questioned subject matters, gray areas, trending issues and many more. However. Historical problems are also appealing depending on the preferences of your target audience.
- Come up with a holistic case study. In writing your case study, you should not left your readers hanging. The story should be complete and holistic. All the outlined objectives must be sufficed. That is why selecting the scope and objectives of your study is critical. Free case templates tell a complete storyline from the background of the case until its recommendations.
- Cite your references accordingly. Plagiarism and claiming other people’s work as your own are considered cardinal violations. Citing your references appropriately and consistently, one the one hand, shows professionalism.
- Make it easy to read and comprehend. The language used in your case study must be suitable to your subject audience.
More in Case Templates
Case Brief Summary Template
Onboarding Process Study HR Template
IT Diversity & Inclusion Case Study Template
Personal Career Case Study Interview Essay Template
IT Business Case Study Template
Citibank Short Case Study Sample Template
Medical Treatment Injury Case Study Template
Basic Psychology Phase One Page Case Study Template
Graphic Design Case Study Research Template
School Debt Management Policy Template
Get instant access to free & premium case study templates , ai tools & daily fresh content.
Get access to 1 million+ FREE, PRO, template bundles with professional written original content. Advanced AI, design, document editing tools
- Go back Remove
- No notifications to show yet You’ll see useful information here soon. Stay tuned!
- Downloads 0/60 What is this?
- My collections
- My subscription
Find out what’s new on Freepik and get notified about the latest content updates and feature releases.
- case study flyer
- flyer template
- information poster
- informative poster template
- fact sheet template
- university brochure
- course brochure
- collage brochure
Case Study Template Word Vectors
- Add to collection
- Save to Pinterest
- data report
- furniture design
- design elements
- brochure business
- brochure template
- brochure catalogue
- vertical poster
- professional flyer
- modern flyer
- business flyer
- corporate template
- business template
- document template
- business report
- report template
- annual report template
- service flyer
- information graphic
- company cover
- document cover
- geometric brochure
- infographics brochure
- arrow banner
- information banner
- newsletter banner
- banner design
- abstract flyer
- brochure flyer
- creative flyer
- company template
- corporate layout
- ready print
- digital brochure
- business leaflet
- brochure business flyer
- cover layout
- cover pages
- marketing brochure
- minimalist resume
- resume design
- report cover
- magazine cover
- business magazine
- business book
- magazine catalogue
- corporate flyer
- list template
- info poster
- Search for:
- Apple Numbers
- Apple Pages
- Software Testing
- White Paper Templates
- Business Process Design
- Software Development
- Writing Tips
- Action Plan Writing
- Business Plan Writing
No products in the cart.
Return to shop
19 Case Study Templates (MS Word) + How to Write Tutorial
Download this Case Study Template Pack with 19 pre-formatted templates in MS Word format , which can be easily modified to meet your next project.
You also get a free 21 page tutorial on How to Write a Case Study and an Information Gathering Form for gathering data when writing your case study.
19 Case Study Templates for only $19.99
19 MS Word Case Study Templates
Artistic Case Study (Chinese Dream of the Red Chamber)
Case Study Template – Sample Pages
The following screenshots show the inside pages in the MS Word template.
Note that each MS Word document includes a cover page with image, a page with trademark, disclaimers and other legal text, then the table of contents, followed by the actual case study chapters. Each of these includes guidelines to help you and your team write the material, which of course, is also included in the 21-page tutorial.
2 Column Case Study Templates
If you want to write shorter case studies, the following templates should be helpful. These follow the classic 2-column layout and are four pages each.
Case Study: Free Downloads
You also get the following documents in your Case Study Template Pack.
How to Write a Great Case Study
If you’ve been commissioned to write a case study, or are interested in starting a lucrative career as a marketing writer, this 21 page tutorial should give you a solid understanding of the fundamentals involved. The tutorial explains:
- What is a Case Study
- Why write a Case Study
- Length, Format and Presentation
- How to Structure your Case Study
- Areas to Highlight
How to Write a Case Study
Case Study Information Gathering Form
Use this form to gather information for your case study, such as your client’s background, partners involved in the project, and technical aspects of the technologies deployed in the solution. Once you have this information at your disposal, you are in a much stronger position to begin your case study.
Case Study Checklist
Use this checklist to ensure that you covered, or have at least considered, the following areas that may be related to your case study. Please note that not every case study will require all of these sections; however you can consult this checklist both before and after preparing your draft to double-check that you have addressed all relevant areas.
Case Study Template Pack
The templates are in Microsoft Word and can be downloaded online for only $19.99 . The template pack includes the following documents:
All Case Study Templates for only $19.99
File Format : The templates are in Microsoft Word (.docx) and Excel format (.xlsx).
File Size: The Download file is 10 MBs.
Opening the Files: You don’t need any special software to unzip the files. To unzip the files, right click on it, then select Extract , and save it to your computer.
Getting Started: Depending on your MS Office settings, the files may say Read Only when you open them. If this occurs, click File , Save As and save the files. There are no security settings on any of the files.
Images: All of the images in the templates are copyright free.
Username or email address *
Remember me Log in
Lost your password?
- Food & Beverages
- Marketing Examples
20+ Case Study Format- Examples, Google Docs, MS Word, PDF
Case Study Format
1. design case study template, 2. psychology case study template, 3. financial case study template, 4. hr consulting case study template, 5. media case study template, 6. case study teaching method format, 7. case study development guide format, 8. illustrative case study format, 9. case study response format, 10. standard case study format, 11. physical therapy case study format, 12. multiple case study analysis format, 13. basic case study format, 14. case study structure, 15. education brief case study format, 16. case study format for internship, 17. case study parent permission format, 18. case study compilation format, 19. impact case study format, 20. case study example format, 21. case study format for advanced student, what is a case study, how to research a good case study topic, cohort study vs. case study; what is the difference between these two types of research methods, can i use a case study for a quantitative research study, does a case study utilize deductive reasoning.
- Google Docs
Step 1: If You are Writing a Qualitative Research Paper, Incorporate the Themes of the Paper
Step 2: research related literature and references, step 3: use case study format, step 4: have a trusted expert review the topic, more business, 79+ formal letter examples & samples in pdf | doc | microsoft word | apple pages | google docs, 28+ examples of sports certificate in publisher | ms word | psd | ai | pages | indesign, 65+ project proposal examples in pdf | ms word | pages | google docs, 8+ reminder email examples & samples in pdf | doc, 85+ report examples in pdf, 7+ formal email examples and samples in pdf | doc, 27+ email examples & samples in microsoft word | apple pages | editable pdf | google docs, 10+ goodbye emails to coworkers examples & samples in word, 17+ leave application email examples & samples in pdf | doc, 58+ incident report examples & samples in pdf | google docs | pages | doc, 4+ introduction email examples & samples – pdf, doc, 38+ business proposal letter examples in pdf | doc | microsoft word | apple pages.
- 45+ Cover Letter Examples – PDF
- 30+ Emotional Appeal Examples in PDF and DOCS